Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Year's End

From the letter to the Mission President:

What a marvelous week, transfer, month, and year it has been! It is so wonderful to be here on a mission serving the Lord!  We have been working hard this past week!

My family is doing amazing! It was wonderful to be able to talk to them! They are all doing great!

We experienced so many miracles this past week! We were able to have a great lesson with C! He told us again that he doesn't believe that he has faith, but that he has the desire to gain it. We were able to have a powerful lesson with him. At the end of the lesson as we shared our testimonies he began to tear up. I felt the spirit so strong in that lesson. I know he did too. I know that C will get baptized! We do need to change his baptismal date because there are still some more things that we need to teach him. However, we are excited to keep teaching him and we have a lesson with him tomorrow.

We were also able to have a lesson with L. L is the father of the three daughters who want to be baptized. He wants his girls to be able to bear their testimonies and share with him and others what they believe before they can be baptized. The girls are planning on sharing their testimonies this Sunday. L was really excited when he heard that his daughters want to bear their testimonies. L really wants the best for his daughters. I can feel that L is opening up more and I just pray that he will allow his daughters to be baptized this transfer.

Hermana Faletau is amazing! Something I love about her is that she is so genuine. She is always looking for ways to serve others. She is also a really friendly with everyone. One minute we meet a stranger and the next minute we are all friends. I love that! I am learning so much from her! :)

This past Sunday I gave a talk in church. I talked about the role the Book of Mormon plays in our conversion. I shared my testimony about my grandparents who were converts and how the Book of Mormon helped them to know that this is the true church. I truly know that the Book of Mormon is the keystone of our religion. I know that [people] will get nearer to God by abiding by the precepts found in the Book of Mormon. I love reading from the Book of Mormon daily!

This week I also got to go on exchanges in Arroyo Grande with Hermana Soriano. It was so much fun! She had gone out with missionaries before her mission quite frequently. She is a great missionary who knows how to work hard!

I hope that you have a Happy New Year! I know that being a missionary, this next year will be one of the best! There is nothing better than serving the Lord!

Mom! It really was so great to talk to everyone on Christmas! It seems like so much has changed! But really nothing has changed, all at the same time! It is so crazy that tomorrow is my birthday! It doesn't seem like it. I just had a birthday! And also, how is it almost 2015? I can't believe it! 

So there is an Hermana in the mission that had to go home to have her gallbladder removed. She's back in the mission now, but sometimes still feels stomach pain. Perhaps lack of bile? Is there anything that would help her. When she talks to the person in charge of health, she just says that they tell her not to eat fatty foods. But I was wondering if you knew, or could find out anything she could do or take to feel better. Let me know if you can find anything. 

That's so awesome that Amber and Brady came down! I bet that was a fun surprise! Also yes, the Christmas party was really fun! That was a cute [baby] picture of me! I was so chubby! Haha thanks for sending the picture! Oh and Sister Felix also wanted me to tell you thank you for everything else you sent/did.

As for my bag, I think it's okay! It's pretty used, but I think it should last. I let you know if I need another! I really liked the first I had, but it was just a little too small. Still really cute though. 

I hope you are all doing great! It really was so fun to talk to everyone. Yes, a little weird, but still great! I love you all so much! Thank you for everything you have done for me! 

I hope that you all have a happy new year! If you go bowling, someone can play for me, and they had better win! Haha :)

Also, Hna Faletau and I are probably having way too much fun! We decided that we are going to be in a movie. It's called, "We'll Bring the World His Truth: Undercover in Saudi Arabia 


Hahah. It's okay! This is what I really look like!


I know it's dark, but exchanges with Hermana Soriano in Arroyo Grande! :)


There! Let there be light!


Have the best week ever! I'm pretty sure I will! :)

Con amor,
Hermana Killpack :) 

P.S. Oh so my question, "What are gas prices like in Idaho?"


I realized I just sent the picture haha. 

Anyways I have to go now, but I hope you have a great day! Stay warm! Also thanks for the Vocal Point CD you sent me. It's probably my favorite CD. Don't worry I won't ask for anymore CDs. I know I've asked for a lot. Also, I am wearing the cardigan you gave me for Christmas. It is so cute! I wanted to wear it before it gets warm again. Oh, and I'm also wearing my new shoes! They are so nice! Anyways, I need to get going! Have the best day! Love ya! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment