Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Feliz Cumpleanos Hermana Killpack!

1-5-15

From the Letter to the Mission President:

Sometimes I wonder how it is possible for life to get better and better every single day, but it does. This week was fantastic! :)

My family is doing well. My younger brother is getting reading be ordained to the office of an Elder. He is getting ready to serve his mission. We are all so excited for him!

There is so much work here to be done in Santa Barbara and Goleta! This week we have been finding so many prepared people. We found two young boys named U and O. They are 11 and 10 years old. They love listening to us. They don't have much a religious background, but they are so willing to learn. We are excited to continue to teach them.

We also taught "Las ninas" A, L, and S. They are all doing so great! They truly have such a desire to be baptized. They told us that they want to be baptized so that they can go to the Celestial Kingdom. These girls really understand the Plan of Salvation. They all came to church yesterday along with their dad. A and L bore their testimonies yesterday, along with their dad, L. It was such a miracle! I know that the girls will get baptized! We are hoping to set them with a baptismal date this week!

We also had a lesson with C! He is doing great! He really has a desire to increase his faith. We are having a lesson with him tonight. He wasn't able to come to church yesterday, because he had to work. He has two jobs, so sometimes it's hard for him to find time, but we are determined not to give up on him. I can tell that since we have started meeting with him, his faith has increased.

I have been learning so much from Hermana Faletau these past few weeks! She has such an honest desire to be the person that Heavenly Father wants her to be. She is always looking for ways and making excuses to serve others, especially me. She truly exhibits Christlike love.

My testimony this week has been strengthened in the power of the Atonement. There is no way that we could do this work, missionary work, alone. I know that through Jesus Christ, we can become much more than we could ever make of ourselves. I am so grateful for the healing and enabling power of the Atonement. It is something that I use every single day.

We had service this past week! We met a person named R this past week! She thinks that what we do as missionaries is so inspiring. She was especially interested when she heard that we give service. We offered to help her our with some things in her house, but she declined.  The next day, however, she was having a holiday party for some friends and family and had lots to do with little time. We were able to help her out by wrapping presents for two hours. It was so much fun! It was a great opportunity to get to know her better and help her out. 

I absolutely love being a missionary! I love how busy we are every single day! Sometimes we are just running, and it's wonderful! I am so grateful that every single day I have the strength to work hard. I am exciting for this next year and I know that in the next year we will see so many miracles! 

MOM! Thanks so much for your email! It was great! Time also goes too fast on emails. Sorry I don't have more time!

Yes, I am feeling better which is good!

That is such a cute picture of Emily and Amber! I just love it! I bet IJump was a lot of fun and bowling! You are all just having so much fun! So am I!

Hermana Young sent me opened oreos for my birthday!
 

Haha she is the best! (I am sending her some open oreos for her birthday which is in about 2 weeks).


Happy Birthday Hermana Clark and Killpack! :)


For my birthday, I was on exchanges with Hermana Clark. 
And it was also her Birthday! We had so much fun together! She turned 23!
 

I made her dinner! 


I was so happy to be able to use my potato masher! 
(Note from the Mom:  We sent her a potato masher at Christmastime; 
no respectable Idahoan should be without one!) 
It definitely makes the job go a lot faster! :)


The view from our apartment! It is so pretty! :)

Hna F and I are so unified that I wear her name tag too.
 

Well, just inside :)

The girls came to church! A and L both shared their testimonies! :)


Exchanges with Hermana Player in Solvang!
 

So fun! Solvang is a cute little town with Danish architecture. It was so much fun! I would've taken more pictures, but I was driving! :)

I really like that quote! 
(Note from the Mom:  Winston Churchhill said:   
 Some people dream of success while others wake up and work hard at it!)
Thanks for sending it to me! 

I hope that you all have a great week! I love you all so much! Sorry time it short, but the church is still true! :)

I was so excited for my new shoes! 

Please have a great day!

Con amor,

Hermana Killpack :)

No comments:

Post a Comment