December 8, 2014
From the Letter to the President:
My family is doing marvelous! They are all excited for Christmas! It brings me such joy to hear of all the ways that they have been giving of their time and talents to serve others this Christmas season!
Santa Barbara is fabulous! We had the most amazing miracle yesterday! Our investigator, C, came to church yesterday! He loved it! He stayed for all 3 hours of church. He was even participating in the classes. In gospel principles someone asked the question, "How can we prepare ourselves for the second coming?" and C responded, "We can study the gospel." It was amazing to see him interacting and participating. After church we had a church tour with him! The spirit was so strong as we explained about the sacrament and why we partake of it. C really like it. We talked about what our purpose is as missionaries. We invited him to be baptized and he accepted. We set him with a date for January 10! We still have lots to teach him, but he is willing and excited to learn. C's cousin is a member of this church and he also has a very supportive neighbor who is also a member.
Missionary work is so much more effective when the members and missionaries work together!
Hermana Smith is wonderful! I am constantly learning so much from her! She is very responsible and knows how to work. I am so grateful for her excellent example of leadership. She is so kind and loving! I love her!
This week I have been studying more of the Christ-like attributes. I was studying faith. I have been striving to increase my faith. With faith in Heavenly Father, we truly can do all things. I have been seeing countless miracles, this past week, as I have put my trust in Heavenly Father and exercised my faith.
We got to do service for a older woman this week! We helped her line her driveway with sand bags to prepare for the rain that we received. The lady was so grateful that we were able to help her. We also were able to help get some food ready to put into Christmas baskets for less-active members, or some people who are in need. I love participating in any kind of service that we can! It is so fun!
This week was phenomenal! It really just keeps getting better and better! I am so grateful to be a missionary! I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ! I love life! I love being a missionary! The Church is true! Life is beautiful! :)
Mom! Wow! Again. You. Are. An. Angel! Thank you so much!
It made me very sad to hear about Elder Moreno's father. I had not heard that. Thank you for telling me. I'm just trying to think if there is anything that I can do for him...
Thanks for sending him a letter, and also Hermana Newland! She will love that so much! I told her, (and all my companions) that we are adopting them! The more people I meet, I find out more and more how special my family is. I'm so grateful that you all are supportive and faithful in the gospel. That really makes such a difference. Thank you!
I hope Andrew had fun! That sounds like an awesome trip.
Kyle's getting married this Saturday?! I didn't know. I didn't get an annoucement, darn. Maybe you could send me a picture of what their announcement looks like?
Haha well I don't know about knowing Spanish THAT well... I do know more than I started with, but I never feel like it's enough! There is so much more that I need to learn. I really want to study it in college when I get back.
That's so exciting to hear about Cody! I am so proud of him! He really has learned a lot and come a far way. I remember that I had a class or two with him. He was really funny! I'm excited for him!
That's also exciting for Aubrey! I can't believe how fast she and everyone else is growing up. It's crazy!
That's so awesome that you will have the sisters for Christmas! Hopefully! Tell them that I say "les quiero!" Hopefully we'll have somewhere to go for Christmas... Also hopefully we can find a tree or something. If not, maybe I'll draw one. Don't worry about me, I figure out something!
Hermana Newland and I! We went on exchanges in SB! It was so fun!
Well thanks so much for all your love, support, and prayers! I really appreciate it! I love you all so much and love hearing from you!
I took a picture at the Catholic Mission! Some tourists were looking for the front door and they were asking me if I knew where it was. I told them that I did not. I told them that I was a missionary, but for another church. It was funny!
Hermana Smith was just snapping pictures. I'm not really sure why I'm just smiling at this door?
Knock every door in Santa Barbara! :)
So, I'm sure you know, but... I'm preaching in paradise! :)
Gorgeous!
Haha this picture! I saw an Elder that had a picture like this, so I copied it as sort of a joke. Don't worry, I'm not serious.
Also, Elote! It is the BEST thing! So delicious! Corn, with mayo, with chili, with butter! It kinda sounds gross, but it is so good! Can I just be Mexican? They have fantastic food!
Well I hope you all have a fantastic week! Thanks mom for all that you do! I love you!
Con amor,
Hermana Killpack :)
No comments:
Post a Comment