Monday, December 22, 2014

December Transfer

From the Letter to the President:

This past transfer has been amazing! It flew by so fast! I learned so much and am excited for another amazing transfer! My family is doing great and are all excited for Christmas!

C came to church again yesterday! This is the second time that he came! He works two jobs and is very busy! We know that he is making sacrifices so that he can come to church. He is very sincere and truly has a desire to learn and help out his family. We absolutely love teaching him. He has great questions! 

We also found a new investigator this week named D. He has some Christian background, but hasn't been able to go to church too much because of his work. He has honest desires to learn more and committed to read the Book of Mormon. We are excited to be able to teach him more.

Hermana Smith is amazing! She has worked hard up until the very end. I know that even though her time as a full-time missionary is coming to a close, she will not stop doing missionary work. That is something that I love about Hermana Smith is that she really understands the importance of the gospel.

This past week I've been able to study Jacob 5 about the Lord and His servants working in the vineyard. I love this chapter so much! It is so exciting to realize that as missionaries we are a part of God's plan. We are here to gather Israel! We are here to find our brothers and sisters and bring them to the fold. How joyous is our work! 

This week we got to go to the temple! I always love going to the temple! What a privilege it is to be able to serve those who have already passed on! It was wonderful!

Mom! Yes, we are safe and sound. It rained pretty good for about 2 days. For one day we had a meeting and the other day we were inside planning, so we weren't out in the rain much. 

Yes, I did receive your packages. Thank you! It was so funny to get a potato masher! I will put it to good use though. 

It's kinda been crazy trying to move everything. So I need to talk with my new companion about the time we are calling on Christmas, but I was thinking maybe around 2? I will let you know for sure next week. And we will be calling you. My new companion is Hermana Faletau. She is Tongan. This will also be here last transfer. I guess I'm just "killing" them all. When you leave the mission, your last companion, "Kills" you. How appropriate for Hermana Killpack right? hahah

For Christmas we are having a Christmas Devotional. I think that we are split up into 2 groups. So we are going to be with a couple other zones. It is so weird that it is almost Christmas! It doesn't feel like it! Probably because there is no snow... 

That's crazy about the IF temple [closing]! I am wanting to go to the temple/ live at the temple after my mission! I know I can't, but I want to. 

Well let me know how this week goes for you. I love and miss all of you so much! I am excited for this next transfer. I will still be working in Santa Barbara and Goleta, but now I'll be living in Goleta. 

Yesterday Hermana Smith and I sang Noche de Luz (Night of Light) in sacrament.  In English it's Silent Night. I also led the music in Rs, played the piano for a baptism and said the closing prayer. We are definitely involved in this Ramita (Little Rama) Branch.

So I'm just preaching in paradise.



A hole in our wall. I just barely fit. 

My hair was long. Well longish. I went to get a trim today and they gave me a haircut. I'm kinda sad about that. That's what happens when you're speaking a different language... But it's okay. The Church is still true. 

And trying not to be too sad about my hair. It's okay, it is still past my shoulders... but shorter again...
We went to the temple this week for my Birthday!



Well thanks so much for all your love and support! I am excited to talk to all of you very soon. Please have a great week! :)

Con amor,

Hermana Killpack

No comments:

Post a Comment