Monday, December 1, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving

From the Letter to the President:

My family is doing wonderful! They are excited for the upcoming holidays. I love hearing from them and I am so grateful for their support!

This past week we were able to have a great lesson with A. It was such a miracle! We invited her to be baptized on December 27th and she accepted! She really wants to be a good example for her 3 daughters. She loved the message of the Restoration. The spirit was so strong in her home. She committed to read in the Book of Mormon and pray to know if it's true. A has so much potential! She really has a desire to find "her" church. I know that we have what she is looking for. We are so excited to continue working with her!

This week we also met a man named C. We had a wonderful Restoration lesson with him as well. He had a lot of very good questions. At the end of the lesson, he committed to read the Book of Mormon. We were able to follow the spirit and teach according to his needs.

We also went on exchanges! I had the opportunity to go to Santa Maria and work for the day. It was so fun to work with Hermana Cuevas!

Hermana Smith is doing simply wonderful! We are having so much fun together! I really am learning so much from her! I admire her determination! She never gives up! She bears strong testimony to all our investigators.

I loved attending both Zone Conferences in Santa Maria and in Ventura! I learned so much at each one! I loved the focus on the desires we have. Do we desire to teach people to strengthen their faith? Or, do we desire to teach people so that we can report more numbers? As I have reflected on this, I have tried to teach people in a way as to strengthen their faith. We have seen so many miracles from doing so. 

Last night we were talking to a man that missionaries have talked with once before. He told us that he was busy and that now wasn't a good time. I thought about what I could say that would strengthen his faith. I started talking and the spirit guided me with the words he needed to hear. By the end of our conversation with him, he had completely changed. We were able to have a prayer with him. He was grateful that we came by and he was open to us coming back again. It was amazing!

I know that as we truly teach people, not lessons, we will see miracles!

This week we didn't have any planned service opportunities. However, as we are spending more time working in our area we are working to find some projects in which we can participate.

This week was amazing! It flew by! What could be better than 2 zone conferences and an exchange? This week we have 3 exchanges and Thanksgiving! It should be a great week! :) Probably the best ever!

Mom! Yes, I got the package! Thank you so much! I'm sending home a shirt and a skirt. I explained why they didn't work. But I wore the cute 3 quarter length sleeve shirt yesterday to church! So adorable! Thank you!

Yes, you could send the Christmas package here. I already have to move a lot of things. Don't worry! I can't believe it's almost Christmas, or even Thanksgiving for that matter! I guess when it's 70 degrees and you aren't with your family it's not really Christmas. But that's okay! At least I get to call you! I think I am still only allowed 40 minutes. 

I did not know dad was an Assistant to the President. Are you serious?! How did I not know this before! That's awesome! I'm sure dad was an amazing missionary! Yes, I know how he feels! Sometimes I wish we had more time to work in our area. But now, instead of both of us (Hna Smith and I) going to work in the hermanas' areas we are bringing one of them here (to Santa Barbara) and the other pair will work in the other hermanas' area. So this past week I went to Santa Maria and Hermana Smith stayed and worked in SB with another missionary. 

I feel like I look weird in this picture, but I'm sending it to you because I love the shirt. It is really comfortable! Thanks! :)


What gas is under $3? What are the prices in Idaho?


The Elders trying to break into a car. Some of the sisters locked their keys in the car. Haha don't worry, they called a lock smith. 


Hermana Newland and I at a Zone Conference in Santa Maria! We are both wearing the earrings you sent us! 


An adorable sewing kit that Hna Cuevas's mom made. Oh pinterest! 


Exchanges with Hermana Cuevas in Santa Maria! It was so fun!



Oh yes and by the way: Happy Thanksgiving! I am so grateful that you are my family! I am so grateful for all that love and support that I receive from all of you! I am so blessed! I am grateful to be serving a mission! I know that my mission is helping me to become the person that Heavenly Father wants me to become. I'm not perfect, I still have SO much to learn but poco a poco. I'm grateful that I am learning Spanish! I'm grateful that we have the gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives! What a blessings!

That was supposed to be "what a blessing!" 

Anyways... 
please have the best week ever! Thanks so much for everything! I love you all! I know that I am doing the Lord's work! Please be safe driving to Utah! Tell Grandpa that I love him! 

Don't do anything that I wouldn't do (That means no watching TV, no getting on the internet, no staying up late, no backing up without someone to watch you, and no sleeping in) Haha just kidding, you can do those things.

Have a great week! I love you!

Con amor

Hermana Killpack :)


No comments:

Post a Comment