Monday, December 22, 2014

Feliz Navidad

From the Letter to the Mission President:

Merry Christmas! I love this time of the year! I have noticed that people have been more open to listening to us. It is so wonderful to be able to teach others about our Savior Jesus Christ. I simply love it!

My family is doing wonderfully! I am excited to talk to them in a couple of days!

We have been seeing so many miracles in our area lately. We had 4 investigators at church yesterday! I know that Heavenly Father is preparing His sons and daughters to receive the message of the gospel. We have been working hard and finding some great new investigators. 

This week we were able to teach A, L, and S, three sisters who are 12, 10, 9. They all want to be baptized. They have been coming to church, off and on for several years now. We are still working with their dad so that he will give his permission for them to be baptized. They have been taught almost all the lessons. The girls have been meeting with the missionaries for about a year, somewhat inconsistently. They know the church is true. We were able to have them practice sharing their testimonies for our lesson this past week. Their grandma, who is a member of the church, shared her testimony with the girls. It was powerful! I know that the girls will get baptized one day. I just pray that their dad will have his heart softened. 

Hermana Faletau is amazing! I simply love working with her! She is so loving! She is such a hard worker and really in-tune with the spirit! I am so grateful that I get to work with her this next transfer! I know that I will be able to learn lots from her!

This week I have been studying the Atonement. It is so amazing to know that we are never truly alone in anything. Jesus Christ knows exactly how we feel. One of my favorite scriptures about the Atonement is Alma 7:11-12. Jesus Christ suffered for us so that He could know how to help us! I am striving to develop the charity that He had. Because He loved us, He gave us the ultimate gift, His life. Anything we could give Him in return, could never repay Him. He doesn't expect us to repay Him. He just wants us to be happy. Pure joy comes from living the gospel of Jesus Christ! I am so grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ. He is my Brother, and He has become one of my best Friends! I'm so grateful to be able to learn how to apply the Atonement more fully in my own life!

This week has been wonderful! Each day just keeps getting better and better! I am so grateful to be here serving the Lord this Christmas season! 


Mom! 
Yes, I should be calling sometime after 2 I think! I'm not exactly sure. So, sorry I didn't give you my full address. Who did you give it to? Will it affect anything. There is really no way for them to know what apartment # it is supposed to go to. We are so new that I don't even think the apartment manager remembers my name. Maybe I should introduce myself again? If anyone else wants my address maybe you could just give them the mission office address. That would probably be easiest. 

Yeah, I can call on dad's phone.


So here is my hair. You probably don't think it's that much shorter, but it is. I can tell. This is Hermana Faletau and I wearing our Christmas Candy!


We hung it up in our apartment for decorations. Don't worry, we are getting a Christmas Tree today. 


Hna Faletau is awesome! She grew up in Tonga and moved here when she was 13. She is fluent in Tongan and English. Pretty cool! She actually was raised by her aunt and uncle for a good part of her life. It's kinda a long story.


Before the mission, I really didn't realize how good I have it. I'm so grateful for all of the love and support I get from you. Thank you!

I am excited to talk with all of you. I'll admit, it seems weird that I can talk to you. I know it's only 40 minutes, but it's been so long. I'm sure we could just talk for days if we could, but we'll keep it brief. 

FELIZ NAVIDAD!

Talk to you on Thursday! It might be around 2:30, 3ish my time here. 

Merry Christmas! :) Love you all lots and lots! Have a wonderful day! :) 

P.S. My companion loves you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment