Monday, June 1, 2015

Last Transfer of the Mission!

June 1, 2015

From the Letter to the Mission President:

What a wonderful transfer it has been! I have absolutely loved every single day! I am excited to be starting a new transfer with Hermana Bennion! I love her already! :) 

My family is doing wonderfully! My younger brother leaves on his mission in just a couple weeks and he is excited for that. This past week, he went through the temple! :)

We have definitely felt the influence of the spirit leading and guiding us this week. We had an amazing experience! We went to go visit a less-active member that was in our plans for the day. She was about to head out to work, so we just talked with her for a couple minutes. We were about to leave, when I felt the impression to ask her if she knew anyone that had recently had a baby, or a family that had experienced a death in the family. To our surprise, she answered yes. She told us that the great-grandpa of her kids had recently passed away. She told us that we could go and visit la Familia L. 

We asked her if she knew where this family lived. She told us that she did not, but that we could find them at the mortuary that day and ask them. We had a couple minutes before our next lesson, so we decided to go check it out. We figured the family would be at the funeral home filling out information for the funeral. We arrived at the mortuary and entered. To our surprise the viewing was going on right then. At first, we were unsure what we should do. We decided to talk to some of the men that were sitting outside of the main room talking. One of the men was able to help us. He went and got Hermana L. She came out and greeted us. She was so nice to us. We told her about the member that had sent us and we asked if there was anything that we could do. She told us that just us being there was enough. We found out that the person who has passed away was her father. She took us to go see her dad. She cried a little as she told us about her dad. We were able to briefly, but powerfully share what we know about the Plan of Salvation. It really made her happy to hear the things that we were saying. As we talked, more hope filled her eyes. 

Hermana Costilla asked her if we could sing a song. I have never seen people sing at a viewing before, but I know that my companion's idea was led by the spirit. Hermana L excitedly agreed and told all the people in the room that we would sing a song. We opened up our hymn books and started singing "Las familias pueden ser eternas." "Families can be together forever." There were about 15-20 people in the room. As we sang, more people from the hallway entered the room to listen to us sing. The spirit was so strong in the room. The wife of the man who passed away was nodding her head, agreeing with the words that we were singing. It was so beautiful! It was unlike anything I have ever experienced before. We were able to share our beliefs with a room of strangers. Strangers whom I immediately loved as we sang. Many people thanked us for singing as we walked out of the room. We were able to talk with Hermana L afterward. She thanked us so much for coming and told us that we had helped her to feel at peace. 

I am so grateful for the promptings of the spirit. I am humbled to be an instrument in the Lord's Hands. It truly is a privilege.

This week has been full of so many miracles! On Saturday we were able to find a 16 year old boy named J. J was so open to listening to us. His father passed away 2 years ago, and we were able to teach him about the Plan of Salvation as well. He listened intently and had some good questions. He told us that we can come back anytime to teach him more. 

I know that many times trials are blessings in disguise. I am so grateful for the trials that I have had in my own life. 

Working with Hermana Costilla has been indescribably amazing! I love her like a sister! I am excited for her to begin a new chapter in her life. Although I will miss her, I am confident that she will be just as amazing of a missionary in Utah! :)

Asombro me da el amor que me da Jesus. This song has been running through my mind a lot this week. I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me. I have felt Christ's and Heavenly Father's love so abundantly this week. It has been manifest to me through peace, through love from others, and through the spirit. I am so grateful for their perfect love! I am striving to love more perfectly as they love me.

--------

MOM! The cake you made is beautiful! Hermana Costilla says that she wants you to make her wedding cake :) 

Hermana Costilla is "dying" 
(Note from the Mom...this means she is going home from her mission!)


We went on a hike last week with our district! :) It was so much fun!



Yes, I did get your letter! The one with pictures of grandpa and grandma! They were so cute! I was delighted to get it! I am excited to hear about Andrew! Yes, the temple is so wonderful! I am excited to be able to continue to go to the temple, and help prepare the work that is done there!

Grandpa's party sounded like it was fun! Wish I could've been there! I'm glad that he had fun! :)

Yes, my new companion is Hermana Bennion. She is an STL (Sister Training Leader) and has been out for almost a year now. I hear her Spanish is really good. I think I heard that she lived in a foreign country (maybe Guatemala) a couple years growing up, so it's probably about perfect. I'm excited to learn more from her!

Yes, I am staying in Santa Maria. I knew that I would "die" here. (Again, that means she will be going home from this area.) I also knew that Hermana Bennion was going to be my last companion. I don't know how I knew, but I just did. 

Sounds like you have some fun plans for the next couple of weeks! In how many weeks does Andrew leave? 2 or 3?

Yes, Aubrey's hair looks good! I think she is started to look older. She kinda looks like Emily! Well, there is never enough time to say everything. I have a couple of funny stories that I want to tell you, but those might have to wait until I get home. I am doing great! Still learning lots everyday!

Oh question. Is Heather still cutting hair in Firth? I just really wanted her to cut my hair, because I know she knows what she is doing, and she knows how I like it. Just wondering. Also, I just want to tell her all about the gospel. :) haha 

Well I love you all so dearly! Thanks for your love and prayers! I absolutely love getting letters from you. It makes my day! Thanks so much for being the best family ever! I love you all! Have the best week ever!

Con amor,

Hermana Killpack :)

No comments:

Post a Comment