June 22, 2015
From the Letter to the Mission President:
We have had a marvelous week this week with two exchanges and a zone conference with Elder C. Scott Grow! It has been such an enlightening week! I have loved it! :)
My family is doing well! There are leaving to Provo tomorrow to take my brother to the MTC!!! I know that he will be a fantastic missionary! :)
We found a new investigator this week named S. She is so sweet! She is a very humble woman. She has two daughters and works very hard in "la fresa" to provide for her family. We were able to share with her what it is that we do as missionaries, and she is excited to learn more. S lives in an apartment building with a lot of other people. She didn't have any chairs so we sat down on the floor and had a lesson. She lives a humble life which I know has prepared her to accept the gospel.
Yesterday we were able to have a lesson with an investigator named S and his whole family! It was amazing! There were probably about 8 or 9 people there. We shared a message about fathers and eternal families. Even though we differed in beliefs, they loved having us in their home and told us that we are more than welcome to come back. We sang for them "Families can be together forever." The spirit was so strong!
Exchanges this week with Hermana Green and Hermana Zarate were so much fun! I feel like I was able to learn from the examples of these Hermanas! I love them both so much! I feel like I am always able to learn something new from each Hermana that I exchange with.
Working with Hermana Bennion is fantastic! She is a wonderful teacher! She truly enjoys life and enjoys sharing the gospel. She always has a smile on her face and we love laughing together! :)
It was such a special experience to have Elder Grow with us this past week. I loved how he took time to get to know each and every one of us! As I listened to him speak I felt that we truly have no time to waste as we help prepare our brothers and sisters to enter into the waters of baptism. I am so excited for the people that we are currently teaching. We have several investigators that have been taught all the lessons and have come to church more than three times. We are working out their questions and concerns. We have faith that they will progress towards baptism.
I have absolutely loved this past week! I don't feel like I am on a mission. I feel that being a missionary has become my life. I am excited that I can always be a missionary no matter where I am! This gospel truly is wonderful, and as members of this church, we have a responsibility to share it!
-------------
MOM! I bet you've had a crazy week! Andrew is off this week huh? I can't believe that! I'm so excited for him! Is he excited? What was his farewell talk about? Also, do I have a topic for my homecoming talk? I bet the Spanish classes are hard. I've been planning to come home and really study Spanish books. Sometimes we don't even have time for language study. I know there is a lot that I still don't know and need to learn. I guess I could wait to take a Spanish class, but I do want to take one. I promised myself that I wouldn't lose my Spanish. Hmmm what do you think?
Super sweet members in Lompoc. He was telling us that he and his family were the first to be baptized in Tijuana!
Exchanges with Hermana Zarate!
S! She is awesome! I already love her! :)
So cute! (Referring to a photo we sent.) Amber has such cute earrings! Oh wait... yes I remember, they are mine! Haha her hair looks really good too! When I get home, I need a lot of help with my clothes, hair, and life. I'm glad that you all are capable of helping me in that department. I was realizing that most of my clothes that I have been wearing for a year and a half are soooo not my style. It will be nice to dress in my style again.
Good luck with helping Andrew! He will do great! Love you all!
Have the best week ever!
Con mucho amor,
Hermana Killpack
P.S. If you have time, could you send me a picture of me when I got baptized. I was thinking that I could use it in a lesson with an investigator. That would be great! Love you lots! :)
Gracias! :)
P.S. again: I don't know if I have told you this or not, but I hear that C is doing really well. He is teaching gospel principles and he received his patriarchal blessings a couple weeks ago. I'm glad that he is doing well!
P.P.S. les quiero!
No comments:
Post a Comment