Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Recognizing the Hand of the Lord

May 25,2015

From the Letter to the President:

What a marvelous week it has been! I feel like this week I have been able to learn so much and recognize the Hand of the Lord every single day!

My family is doing so wonderful! When you have the gospel in your life, life is good! My brother just graduated from high school and is going to the temple to receive his endowments tomorrow. I'm so excited for him!

This week we had a wonderful lesson with N and our new ward mission leader. We retaught the restoration and N really seemed to understand. He was asking more questions and making more comments. We watched the Restoration video with N and afterward we asked him what he thinks he needs to do to receive an answer. He told us that he feels he needs to pray with more faith. We are planning on fasting with N this next fast Sunday so that he can receive his answer. 

We are also teaching a 15 year old girl named E. The English Elders starting teaching her, but they handed her over to us, because her parents do not speak English. E has been coming to church for a couple weeks now. She has been to the temple visitor center in Los Angeles. E wants to be baptized! We still have some things to teach her, but she truly wants to become a member of our church. E still needs to get her parents' permission to get baptized. Her mom wants to learn more about our church, so that she can know what her daughter is doing. E's dad is in Mexico (the parents are separated) and he is planning on coming here in June. We are planning on talking with him also when he comes. E already shines brightly with the light of Christ. I can definitely see her serving a mission! :)

Working with Hermana Costilla has been so delightful! I feel that we are able to help magnify each other's strengths and help each other with our weaknesses. I love being companions with Hermana Costilla. She is constantly looking for ways to improve herself and become more like Jesus Christ. I love that about her!

This week I feel like my studies have been so insightful. Heavenly Father has truly been blessing me to be able to understand and apply the things that I have been learning. I really like a verse that I read in 3 Nephi 13:22 "The light of the body is the eye; if, therefore, thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light."

As a representative of Jesus Christ, I want to shine with His light. I know that as I have my eye single to the glory of God, I will shine more brightly. Christ is the perfect example of having His eye single to the glory of God. He said, "I receive not honour from men." (St. John 5:41) I absolutely love that scripture! I also am striving to say, "I receive not honour from men, but from my Heavenly Father."

Words cannot adequately describe the joy it is to be a missionary for this church. I am ever grateful and amazed at the love and mercy that Heavenly Father shows to me!

----------------------

MOM! I always love hearing from you! I hope you all have an amazing day! :)

I'm so excited that you are going to the temple tomorrow. I wish I could be there! I'll be thinking about all of you! I'm excited for Papa too! :)
 
That's good to hear about the apartments. I remember I looked at them once too! I loved them, but I was poor and didn't think I could pay for something so nice haha. 

Yes, I think I'll be staying (dying) in Santa Maria. I am really excited to find out who my last companion will be. I have been praying a lot for her.

We have gotten a little bit of rain, but we need more. It was kind of sprinkling this morning. We heard that there is supposed to be an earthquake on Wednesday. Is that true? Haha don't worry, we'll be safe! :)

The Elders pretending they are tough. Hahah

By our house there is a drive-through doughnut place. I was more excited to go through the drive-through than actually eat the doughnut. Just having a doughnut drive-through is awesome!

A member in our ward gave us flowers! (and cake) She told us, "Sometimes you just need to feel loved." So true! Haha it was so sweet of her! :)

We saw these trucks outside of our apartment the other day! Crazy!


Benefits of living in Santa Maria. So many people work in las fresas, so we never have to buy strawberries! We even gave some away this week!

Soooooooo cute! On my fridge where they belong! :)


Andrew looks so good in his pictures! Who took them? Grandpa is adorable! :) Tell him happy birthday from me!

Thanks for sending me Haylee's letter. I'm glad that she's doing good!!

Well thanks so much for your love and prayers! I love you all so much! Please have the best week ever! I know that I will! :)

Con mucho amor,

Hermana Killpack :)

No comments:

Post a Comment