Thursday, June 11, 2015

Working Hard, Witnessing Blessings and Miracles

June 8, 2015

From the Letter to the President:

Hemos tenido mucho exito en esta semana! No puedo creer la misericordia del Senor! Hay muchos milagros cuando estamos en el servicio de Dios!

This past week was so successful! Hermana Bennion and I have been working hard. We have already been able to witness so many blessings and miracles!

This past week we set three of our investigators with baptismal dates! E, Y, and C! E said that her mom finally told her that she could be baptized! E told us that she had been praying that her mom's heart would be softened. E also invited her friend Y to start meeting with us also. She also accepted baptism. Y is 14 years old and very sweet. It was so tender to see the desire of these girls to follow Jesus Christ. 

Two weeks ago the Elders had a baptism. We had invited some of our investigators to come and O and C came! We had a lesson with them this past week. I had never had a lesson with them before. We had tried setting up several appointments, but they had always fallen through. C told us at the beginning of the lesson that she was attending a Christian church. She then went on to tell us that she loved coming to our church. She told us that she truly felt the spirit in our church, something that she doesn't feel in her Christian church. She told us that she hadn't even told her husband how she felt. It was so amazing, because the baptism that they came to was in English, and they don't know English. I know that she was really able to feel the spirit. 

O was telling us how much he loves the Book of Mormon. I don't think I have ever had an investigator who has loved the Book of Mormon so much! It was thrilling! He was telling us that it made so much sense! He was testifying to us of its truthfulness. It was amazing! :)

We taught O and C the Restoration and they loved it! C's favorite part was the Apostasy, because it made sense to her. O had to leave our lesson early, but we committed C to think and pray about being baptized on July 4th. She said that she would.

Last night, we had another lesson with O y C about the Word of Wisdom and they were so accepting. They agreed to live it! They are so wonderful! They want us to start teaching their kids as well! We are so happy and astonished by how prepared they have been by the Lord.

We also still have been working with N. We taught him about the 10 commandments and told him that baptism is also a commandment. We committed him to pray and fast about  being baptized on July 4th. We were able to fast with him yesterday.  He is doing well.

This week truly has been a wonderful and successful one! I love working with Hermana Bennion! She definitely teaches when she finds, and finds when she teaches. She is always serving me and I truly love her!

I love the joy that the gospel of Jesus Christ brings! We have been so blessed this week to be able find people that really are willing and ready to hear the gospel. That is such a tender mercy for us. I know that Heavenly Father has prepared many of His children here in Santa Maria to receive and accept the gospel. 

This week has been a blast! At times I am talking and I can't remember some words in English, so I just say them in Spanish. :) I'm so glad that my companion understands me! :)

----------

MOM! It's so great to hear from you! It sounds like you've all been busy! I'm so excited for Andrew! I pray for him all the time! I know that he will be a fantastic missionary! :) 

These Elders are so awesome! The funniest Zone leaders. Haha always awkward pictures as a missionary! :)


Awww my Hermana Costilla! I'm going to miss her! :)


Hahah I just noticed Elder Robinson in the background!
Hahaha I wasn't ready for this picture! I just think it looks so funny.


And also in the background is Hermana Bennion. She is wearing a pink skirt and holding a green bag.

We were waiting for some people to fix our tiwi. (A device in our car that helps us to drive safely) It was so funny, because this piano was randomly in the middle of the room. So I played it! :)



Happy National Doughnut Day! Glad we didn't miss that one! :)


This was last night! Preaching in Paradise! :)


I'm excited about the classes I will be taking. It's kinda really crazy to think I will be studying something other than the gospel. Haha I feel like I've forgotten all the secular knowledge I used to know! But I'm not worried. I know that the Lord will help me.

Sorry, I don't have much time! Emails are always crazy! Tomorrow we have MLC in Ventura! That should be fun! Good luck with Andrew and everything else! I love you all dearly! You are the best! :)

Have the best week ever! Con amor

Hermana Killpack :)

P.s. According to my calendar, I have 5,465,451,423 days left. See you then! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment