June 15, 2015
From the Letter to the Mission President:
My family is doing wonderful! My younger brother is giving his farewell talk this upcoming Sunday. I am thrilled for him! :)
What a marvelous week it has been! We loved MLC! As a companionship, we have been striving to become more consecrated servants of Jesus Christ.
Yesterday we had an amazing lesson. Our investigator, N, had commented to us that he hadn't seen F (a less-active member) at church for some time. Yesterday we took N with us to have a lesson with F. N told F that it's been a while since we've seen him at church. N was also able to bear testimony of the Book of Mormon and the power of prayer. It has been so fun teaching N these past couple of weeks. We have really seen his faith grow. I have been able to notice that he has more light, that he is more confident, and that he is more happy. It is so wonderful! :)
Yesterday, we were visiting people before church to invite them to come when I had a thought that we should go visit a member, A. We had had a lesson with her daughter the day before and they said that they were coming to church. When we got to A's house we saw that she wasn't dressed to go to church. She told us that she couldn't make it because she was cooking pasole for a party for a sister in the evening. We told A that we could come over after church and help her cook food, but she declined. She kept on finding excuses as to why she couldn't come to church. We kept on coming up with solutions. She finally opened up to us and told us that she had some doubts about the gospel. She said that she didn't want to feel like a hypocrite coming to church. We explained to her why she needed to come to church. She listened to us and told us that she would come to church. She came! We are planning on going over to their house tonight to have a family home evening.
I am grateful for the spirit that was able to guide us to A's house. I am grateful that Heavenly Father knows and loves His children perfectly. We now know what we need to teach A to help strengthen her and her family.
We had an amazing lesson this week with E. We brought R, a 16 year old member along with us. We taught E the 10 commandments and it was a good refresher for R too. I love member present lesson, because I feel that we all are edified together. E really looks up to R, and R is a wonderful example. During our lesson, both E and R said that they want to serve missions! :)
Yesterday, we went to visit some investigators that weren't home. As we approached the door we heard some people yelling loudly at each other. (Other people live in the same house) We knocked on the door and a woman named T answered. We have met T once before and she is very nice. As we entered the home it became apparent that T had been fighting with her 13 year old daughter. T told us that the people we were looking for weren't home and that her daughter was being a brat. We asked if we could sing for T and her daughter. She agreed. We sang Families can be Together Forever. As we sang, the spirit entered the room. Afterwards we talked about our families, and that although we might not always get along, we do want to be with them forever. We were able to say a prayer with T and her daughter and when we left the house they were both smiling. It is so wonderful to me to see the love that Heavenly Father has for each of His children. He knew that His daughters needed to feel His love at this time, so He guided us there.
Working with Hermana Bennion is so much fun! We are able to laugh with each other so much every day! It truly is a joy serving the Lord when you do it with those you love.
I love the focus that we have as a mission to be more consecrated. As I have thought about that everyday, I have been able to have more focused thoughts and studies. I know that consecrating is more than doing, it's about becoming. I am trying to become someone better everyday. Although I fall short, I know that through the Atonement of Christ I can change my very nature. This will not only be my focus for this transfer, but for a lifetime!
---------------
MOM!
We have been doing awesome. Hmmm hopefully I don't need to send anything else home. I will weigh my bags in a couple weeks. We'll see. I also do love getting letter from you. Sorry I haven't written you lately. Busy as always!
So there is a member here (from an English ward that is serving here in the Spanish Branch) that reminds me of you a lot. She is very witty, smart, and funny. We take her with us to a lot of our lesson, and she always has really good ideas. Sometimes, she even texts us scriptures that she thinks would be good to share with certain investigators. I was thanking her one day for all her work that she does with us and she hugged me and kissed me. I almost started crying because it was just like being hugged by you. Although it wasn't you, it was very sweet to receive this motherly hug. I was grateful for the small tender mercy from the Lord. You do give the best hugs! :)
We haven't set any more baptisms for the 4th. We are working to keep the ones that we have set for that date. Something always comes us. As of right now, we don't have anyone 100% for sure for the 4th, but we will keep working.
That sounds like so much fun for Amber? Where is she staying? That means she'll be there for when I get home! That's exciting! :)
Well keep me updated about everything going on! Hopefully I get Andrew's emails too when he leaves! I am way excited for him! Time truly is flying so fast. This week we have 2 exchanges with the Hermanas in Santa Barbara and Lompoc.
Oh guess what, last Saturday we went down to SB to see A get baptized. She is one of the 3 little girls that I had been teaching while I was in SB. It was so fun to see her!
We got some beautiful flowers from our investigators O and C. They are so sweet! :) And... we made them cookies! :)
Mom! I'm doing wonderful! Quick question. Did you by chance sign me up for a Spanish class? I would really love to have a Spanish class! Or I guess I can just go live in Peru or Mexico or Guatemala for a couple months. I would be okay with that too!
"And again, how beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of those that are still publishing peace!"
Mosiah 15:16
Thanks mom for your love, prayers, and support. You are one of my greatest heroes and best friends. I love you all so much!
Cuidense! Les quiero mucho!
Con amor,
Hermana Killpack :)
One more thing. I was thinking about this. What blessings do you think our family has received from having a missionary out on a mission? Thanks! Love you! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment