Monday, May 11, 2015

The Day After...the Mother's Day Phone Call

May 11, 2015

From the Letter to the Mission President:

What a wonderful week it has been! With MLC on Tuesday, exchanges on Wednesday, a baptism on Saturday, and Mother's Day yesterday, we have had a busy week!

My family is doing wonderful! It was such a delight to be able to talk with them. My younger brother is excitedly preparing to serve his mission. I am so proud of him! He wanted me to talk to you about letting me take a visit to Irvine my last day. Haha he is so funny!

I loved the focus at MLC of being led by the spirit as we find and teach. I was blessed with an amazing experience on exchanges that really strengthened my testimony of being led by the spirit.

I was working in Morro Bay with Hermana Young. We had an appointment that fell through in the morning. Hermana Young said that she really wanted to go and visit a woman named Maria. Hermana Young had only been in Morro Bay for 3 weeks. I had only been there a day. We didn't have Maria's address. Hermana Young had been there a couple times before. All she remembered was that you had to make a lot of turns to get there. I thought for a minute then I had an idea. I suggested to Hermana Young that we say a prayer to have the spirit guide us to Maria's house.  I offered a simple prayer and then began to drive. It was amazing to feel the spirit guiding me. I would come to a stop sign and ask Hermana Young which way she thought we should go. Whether she felt left or right, I always felt the spirit guiding me the same way. After about 15 turns we got to Maria's house! It was a humbling experience for me. The spirit really is here to guide us. Sometimes with all the technology that we have, GPS's, computers, cell phones, etc we forget that the best guide is the Holy Ghost. I know that I will never forget this experience.

We have been seeing so many miracles here in Santa Maria! M's baptism was Saturday!


It was wonderful! The spirit was so definitely present. It was a joyful day!


Yesterday, we had 6 investigators at church! We are teaching a family! We were excited to hear yesterday, that our branch president is planning to go visit them this week. The branch is really getting involved to help fellowship our investigators.

Also, we got a new ward mission leader. Hermano Bumstead is amazing! We had our first correlation at his house. It was so much fun! Hermano Bumstead is so concerned about each of our investigators. He shared his testimony with us during correlation. The spirit was there. I know the work with move forth even more rapidly with the help of Hermano Bumstead.

Hermana Costilla and I love working together. She is such a wonderful teacher! She always has creative ideas! I truly learn so much from her every single day.

I have loved focusing, as a mission, on being led by the spirit. This week, I feel like Heavenly Father has blessed me with so many opportunities to exercise my faith, and be led by the spirit. I love it!

Life does keep getting better and better! We have so much work here in Santa Maria! I love the people here! They are wonderful! :)

--------------

Mom! I LOVED talking with you all too! I thought it was so cute that you screamed when I called. Haha thanks for making me feel loved! Benson and Owen sound so old! Yes, it was surprising! How old are they both now? I can't wait to play with them again! :)

Hmmm, cilantro, tomatoes, onions, garlic, and any other spices. I made some salsa a couple times and it was so good! I need to practice! I love gardens! :) And yes, I do like spicy food now! :)

It was so good to hear from everyone! It strengthened my testimony even more of the importance of families! Thank you for being the best fan club! I love you! Sorry, I don't have more time. You are all the best!

Aubrey looks so good! I can't believe how old see looks! I love the decorations in the house! That is so adorable! :) 

And the cake you made Mom! That is beautiful! You have to teach me more of your skills when I get home!!

Exchanges with Hermana Young! Their apartment is huge!


N, our investigator gave Hermana Costilla and I flowers yesterday! So sweet! :)



Made, espero que tenga un dia feliz manana! Feliz cumpleanos! Te quiero mucho! 

Que tengan una buena semana! Les quiero! :)

Con amor,

Hermana Killpack <3

P.S. I love that I can see you in the mirror taking the picture. Looking good mom :)

M and her mom and brother!


P.S. I LOVED talking with all of you too! It was so much fun! The time passed by too quickly! Also do you have a picture of this friend of Josh's? What do you think about her? Do you like her?

Morro Bay is gorgeous!



No comments:

Post a Comment