April 27, 2015
From the Letter to the Mission President:
This past week was wonderful! It was a busy one! I always love the first week of the transfer! Super busy, but super fun!
My family is doing wonderful! My sister had her baby last Tuesday!!! I now have my third nephew! He is so cute! I am so excited for them!
We have continued to have so much work here in Santa Maria. The work never ends and we love it! We have been working with M to help prepare her for baptism. There are still some things that we need to teach her. We are planning on her baptism for May 9th. If we are able to meet with her frequently we will be able to keep that date. She is doing well and is excited to be baptized.
We also have been working with a less-active family that came to church yesterday! E and V have a beautiful family! We have had some powerful lessons with them this week! One of the lessons that we had with them was so inspired. We said exactly the things that they needed to hear. It was definitely guided by the spirit. I am always thrilled when I am able to work with the spirit to teach the things that the people need to hear. It is so humbling! E and V have such a desire to change their lives and come back to church. We already love them so much!
We also had a great lesson with G and D. We had a member with us. We didn't have much time with G and D before we needed to head off to another lesson, so the member offered to stay with them and continue teaching them. It was amazing! They were able to read in the Book of Mormon together. I am so grateful for this particular member and her understanding of what it really means to work together with the missionaries. :)
Hermana Costilla is so wonderful! She is always looking for ways to serve me! Whether it's by making me breakfast or folding my laundry, she is always serving me. I love her so much! :)
This past week I have been studying the talk, Jesus the Perfect Leader. I have loved studying more about the Savior. There is so much that I can work on! It is so exciting! I know that I am not perfect, but I love to try and be more like the Savior. It will surely be a life-long goal of mine to try and become more like Jesus Christ. :)
This week we participated in Mormon Helping Hands! It was so much fun! We got to paint food barrels for a food bank. It was such a great opportunity to get to know the members better!
This past week we saw so many miracles! I wish I had time to write down the countless miracles that we see everyday! I am so grateful to be serving here in Santa Maria. I know this is where the Lord wants me! Life truly is wonderful! :)
----------------------
MOM!
YAY!!!!!!!!!! HE IS SO CUTE!!!
(Note from the Mom...she is referring to her new nephew.)
Tell Amber Congratulations for me!
This week was great! I took lots of pictures as you can see! It's been a good week! Crazy, but good.
Something that I forgot to mention last Monday that I wanted to tell you was that David Archuleta told us that when he recorded the song Glorious he was still a missionary. He still had his name badge on! When he sang Glorious for us, he got choked up a couple times. It was so good!
Okay so down to business. I think that I would like to stay at the Willow Apartments. The other day I was writing that down and I almost wrote "Los willows" haha. I have heard that sometimes there is a waiting list for the Willows so if I can't get in to that my next choice would be La Jolla or Kensington. So yeah, let me know what happens.
This is our district... we were trying to be serious. It was hard! haha
These are literally called Jesus Sandels. A friend of Hermana Costilla sent them to us. I love them so much! :)
Carmen teaching me how to knit! She is so cute! :)
Was Dad excited that Grant was born on his birthday? That is so cute! He really is a doll! I am so excited to hold him! :)
How is Amber feeling? I am so excited for her!
So this past week I woke myself up because I was talking in Spanish again. That is when I realized that I was dreaming in Spanish! Haha as far as I can remember, I have had a couple dreams in Spanish. YES!!! :) It's so much fun!
Also, they other day, a couple that we were talking with were asking us what ethnicity that we were. The husband told me that he thought I was hispanic. The wife told me that when she heard me talk she thought I was Mexican! Yes again! Haha don't worry, I'm not that good! Still learning lots every single day! I'm excited to keep learning! :)
Ah! Benson is so cute! He will be a good missionary for sure one day! Well thanks so much for your love and prayers! I love you all so much! We have been working hard here!
Have a great week!
Love you all!
Con amor,
Hermana Killpack :)
No comments:
Post a Comment