Monday, May 4, 2015

Marvelous May

May 4, 2015

From the Letter to the Mission President:

What a wonderfully busy week it has been! We love working here in Santa Maria! We have so much work here, we never have time to see everyone that we want to. This past week was so amazing!

My family is doing wonderful! I know that they are being abundantly blessed for faithfully living the gospel. I am so grateful for that. 

We have been working with M to prepare her for her baptism! She is getting baptized this Saturday and is so excited. We have been meeting with her every day to help prepare her for Saturday. She has already learned so much. It has been wonderful teaching M with her mom in the church. M's mom is a less-active member. As we have taught M, her mom, A has been learning too. A will ask us questions and we are able to explain the doctrine clearly. I truly love being a missionary! I love teaching! It is so much fun teaching M!

We also contacted a member referral this past week. P is 18 years old and so sweet! We passed by the other day to get to know her. We were able to teach P about prayer. We invited her to pray, but she said she wanted to practice first. The next time we went back, P prayed. She told us that she really didn't know how to pray before, but P offered one of the most beautiful prayers I have heard. She thanked Heavenly Father for sending us to her home to teach her. She started to cry a little during her prayer. It was precious! I am so grateful for the power of prayer!

We also had an amazing lesson with la familia J! We were able to have a fun activity during our lesson and involve the whole family! They loved it! We taught them about obedience. We are starting to know the family better. They have pure desires to follow Christ. I know that they will accept the gospel! :)

Yesterday M came to church with her three sons! We thought that she had to work, but she came! 

We have been so blessed this past week! We see so many miracles every single day! The Lord truly has been so merciful to us! 

My love and admiration for Hermana Costilla grows every day! We have so much fun together! We have been striving to help one another become better. We have worked to have good communication and I feel that whenever I need help, my companion is always there for me. Hermana Costilla is wonderful! :)

Recently, I have been reading in the Book of Mormon in Alma and Helaman. I have noticed how quick the people are to forget the Lord and fall into pride. The pride cycle repeats countless times in the Book of Mormon. The people worship the Lord and thank Him for their blessings. They prosper for a time. As time goes on, they begin to forget the Lord and begin to care more about their wealth and riches. The Lord is not pleased with His people. As a result, the Lord chastens His people and gives them trials so that they will repent and remember Him. 

There is a lot that we can learn from the Book of Mormon. I strive to remember Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ in all that I do so that I won't fall into my own pride cycle. I know that the success I have had on the mission is truly the Lord's success.

I absolutely love being a missionary! I am so grateful to be able to learn so much every single day! 

---------------

MOM! Yes, it's crazy that we'll be talking in 6 days! Haha yes, I remember your phone number! Thanks! 

Hmm as for the Willows I heard that they had underground parking. Perhaps I don't want to be with younger girls? Or perhaps I should to be a good example to them? Hmmm I'm not sure. I'll think and pray some more. I was also thinking about La Jolla and Kensington. I'm not really sure if I like the location of Kensington though... Yeah, I'll keep thinking. Any suggestions or words of advice?

As for calling... I'm not sure, but I think I'll call around 6pm California time. I never remember if Idaho is ahead or behind...

We went bowling last Pday! It was so much fun!


We had 2 exchanges this week! Hermana Zarate from Lompoc and Hermana Johnson from Santa Barbara! I got to work in Santa Maria both days! :)



Only in California... hahah ;)


Also about the English classes, I wish we had a book or something to use to teach English. A member here might be able to get us one. We have just been teaching people one on one in their homes English, but It would be awesome to start a class in the church or something. 

Well sorry I don't have much time! I love you so much and appreciate all that you do for me! 


Con mucho amor!


Hermana Killpack :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment