Monday, February 9, 2015

Preaching in Paradise, California-style

February 2, 2015

From the Letter to the Mission President:

We are truly preaching in paradise! This week was phenomenal! We witnessed so many miracles! I am always humbled by the grace and love of our Heavenly Father.

My family is doing wonderfully! I am so grateful for their love and support. They truly help me to be a better servant of the Lord.

Yesterday we had 8 investigators at church!!! What a miracle! We have 3 people who are preparing to be baptized on February 14th. The first is A. A is so excited to be baptized. She has really noticed a difference in her life as she takes time to put God first. She is doing great! 

Yesterday we also received permission from L, that A could be baptized. She is a 12 year old girl that has been wanting and waiting to be baptized for some time. I was close to tears as I hugged A yesterday. She excitedly asked me if I would be at her baptism and I assured her that I would be there. :)

C also has been doing wonderfully! He came to church yesterday! We were able to meet with him 6 times last week! He truly is showing forth much effort and faith as he prepares for his baptism. He is such a humble person. I truly have learned a lot by teaching C. He told us that not all of his family supports him in his decision to be baptized. He still continues on faithful. I am so grateful for C's courage. I know his decision will be such a blessing to his family.

Hermana Eastman is wonderful! She is a marvelous teacher! She really knows how to explain clearly so that our investigators can understand. She also has very good Spanish. I am learning lots from her already! :)

I am so grateful for the Spirit. As representatives of Jesus Christ, we need the spirit always to be able to teach our brothers and sisters. We were having a lesson with C this week and we taught him something completely different than what we had planned. It was amazing, because it was exactly what he needed. It was so wonderful to be led by the spirit to help C with his needs. I know that by keeping our baptismal covenants, we are promised the spirit to always be with us.

It truly is a humbling calling to be a disciple of Jesus Christ. I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for me. I love working here in Santa Barbara. I love my companion. I love being a missionary. I love life. I love this gospel! 

-------

Mom! Yes! Thank you so much for the clothes! No, I didn't think it was weird! I felt like a new person... Until I put on my old clothes, but it's okay! I was reading in the scriptures: "And he said unto his disciples, therefore I say unto you, take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on." Luke 12:22

So, I don't even need to worry about what I'm wearing right now ;)

But yes, thanks! It was a pleasant surprise and I enjoyed your letter! Haha you could definitely play in public or sing a solo. You do both things so well! :)

How are you liking California? What's the weather like? What are you doing with Grandma Betty? Oh those quilts were so cute!!!

Also, about minoring in Spanish, I've been thinking about that for a long time. I just see so many returned missionary who lose their Spanish or can't even speak it anymore. I don't want that to happen to me. I know that there is still lots that I need to learn.  

Hermana Eastman is also from Idaho. Meridian. But her family moved to South Jordan, Utah while she was on her mission. She is the oldest of 3 and her younger brother is also serving a mission in Ecuador. She was Hermana Faletau's companion 2 transfers ago haha. She is great!
 
Mi nueva compaƱera!


This is our district! Some Elders wanted to try this pose! Haha they took about 10 minutes trying to set everything up. It was funny!


Hermana Winn! She is awesome! I love her! 


Don't have too much fun in California! Haha! I hope that you enjoy your vacation! 

Also tell Aubrey that I love her! And if she really misses me, she can write me letters! 

Well I don't have much more time, but I love you all! Thank you so much for everything! I am so grateful to have a family like you!

Also, yes I am still a Sister-Training Leader. And I am working on learning more Spanish and teaching more clearly!

Gracias por todo! Les quiero mucho! Que tenga una buena semana! :)

Con amor,

Hermana Killpack 

1 comment:

  1. The picture of the Sister's and the Elder's is just to funny!!!

    ReplyDelete