Monday, January 26, 2015

Every Day A Miracle

1-26-15

From the letter to the Mission President:

Oh what a wonderful transfer it has been! It flew by way too fast! I have really learned so much this transfer! I am so grateful for all the experiences that I have had to learn and grow. 

My family is doing wonderful! My brother is getting ready to turn in his mission papers in a week and we are all excited for that.

This transfer has been a transfer of miracles! Yesterday, we had 7 investigators at church!!! This week we were able to set another one of our investigators with a baptismal date. Her name is A. A had been taught by the missionaries before. She left California a couple months ago to visit her family in Peru. She got back last week and told us that she wants to be baptized! Although she has had most of the lessons, we still have some things to teach her. We set her baptismal date for February 14th. 

A just radiates the love of Christ. I know that she definitely has been prepared. Currently she is living in the home of a member. It was so wonderful to get to know her better! We are so excited to help her prepare for baptism. 

C was able to come to church yesterday! He recently started working two jobs, but after talking about the Sabbath Day with him, he was able to figure out something with his schedule to get work off on Sundays. C has such a honest desire to do what our Heavenly Father wants. He loves the members here and they love him. He is so excited for his baptism. Some of the members are planning on taking him to the temple visitor center on the day of his baptism. He is so excited to go. It is so fun teaching C! He really has increased in his faith so much! I know that he will do great things as a member of the church!

Hermana Faletau has been a fantastic companion. I truly have learned so much from her! She definitely exemplifies charity in all that she does. I am so grateful for the time that we had together! Working with her was more than working with a companion, it was more like working with a sister! It was so fun! I know that she will continue to do great things!

I am so grateful for the scriptures, particularly the Book of Mormon. This morning I was studying in Mosiah and everything I was reading made so much sense. My testimony of the Book of Mormon has increased this week. I know that through the teachings of this book that we can become better people. I love all the stories of the missionaries that taught in the Book of Mormon. Truly to be a successful missionaries they had to be dedicated, humble, consecrated, willing, loving, and obedient. All of the things that I am trying to be. I do fall short, but I am so grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ that helps me to become better each day. 

I came across this scripture in Mosiah this morning. Mosiah 21:35 it says "They were desirous to be baptized as a witness and a testimony that they were willing to serve God with all their hearts." I feel that this is the desire of our investigators! They truly want to serve our Heavenly Father. I am so grateful for our investigators and their faith. It has really helped to increase my own!

We were able to give service to a woman named G this week! We found her knocking. We asked her if there was anything that we could do for her and she said "No." We taught her the Restoration and gave her a Book of Mormon and she really liked it. After our lesson we asked her again if there was anything that we could do for her, and she let us come in and clean her kitchen. It was such a great opportunity to serve and tell G a little bit more about what we do as missionaries. She invited us out to lunch on Friday and it was so fun to get to know her better. I know as we serve others, we begin to love them. And it is that love that will bring them to the gospel of Jesus Christ. If we truly love our brothers and sisters we will do whatever it takes to help them enjoy all the blessings of the gospel.

This transfer was so wonderful! Every day was a miracle! I am so grateful to be working here in Santa Barbara and Goleta. I know that I am needed here at this time. How wonderful it is to be an instrument in the Lord's hands! I love it! :)
-------------

MOM! This week was awesome! Yes, it's time for transfers! I will be working here with Hermana Eastman. Guess what? It's her last transfer! Haha I will be "killing" another one. I guess it's who I am. I will "kill" a pack of missionaries. I am excited!

So yesterday I also talked in church. I talked about the worth of souls. Oh, and I also sang a solo. Yes, I was so nervous. So this was my plan, I knew that if we sang in Sacrament meeting I wouldn't have to play the piano and I wouldn't be worried about finding songs to play. There is a lady in the English ward that could play for a special musical number and the hymns for the rest of Sacrament meeting. We were planning on singing Divina Luz, "Lead Kindly Light." We were practicing and it was suggested that Hermana Faletau sing the first verse solo, I sing the second solo, and on the third we harmonize. I was so nervous. It probably wasn't the best solo ever, but at least I did it. It was ironic though, because just knowing that I had to sing a solo made me more nervous and stressed than I would've been playing the piano. Haha Heavenly Father probably just wants me to develop my talents. Anyways, it was a good experience. However, I much prefer speaking in Sacrament than singing solos.

The good news in my new companion knows how to play the piano really well! Looks like I'll be leading the music this next transfer.

This is a recent convert V. He got baptized before I got here. He is so funny and sarcastic! We love teaching him!


Las ninas came to church yesterday with their dad! :)


Some of the woman in the Branch. We are on stairs. Don't worry, they're not that short! 


Hermana Farias, the older lady standing by me was tickling Hermana Faletau and I when we were taking pictures. She is so funny!

Yes, thank you for that picture you sent! I really like it! :) The all white truck looks awesome!

That's awesome that Aubs is taking piano! I really want to become better myself! I need to work on fingering! I have so many things that I want to work on, talents to try and develop more and such. I've been thinking about maybe minoring in Spanish too. I haven't decided yet. 

Also, I would love to read some of your notes from your talk! How has your testimony changed? And speaking of testimonies, you haven't sent them to me have you? I know that Amber sent me a Christmas package but I never got it, perhaps the incomplete address! I was just wondering if there is anything wrong with our mail. Well anyways I gotta go but I love you so much! Thank you for everything! I pray for you all daily! Please have a wonderful week! 

Ofa lahi atu!

Tongan for I love you very much! 

Hermana Killpack :):

No comments:

Post a Comment