From the Letter to the Mission President:
What a marvelous week it has been! We absolutely loved Zone Conference! It was exactly what I needed! We are also excited to study more about faith over these next couple of months!
My family is wonderful! As always! My younger brother should receive his mission call in about 2 weeks! My family is so excited for him! They are studying Preach My Gospel together as a family, which I know will help my brother greatly in preparation for his mission.
We had, yet again, another week full of miracles! We had exchanges with the Hermanas in Arroyo Grande! It was so fun! Hermana Wallace is such a hard work with such a determination to work with the members! I loved our day together!
We have been teaching A this week and helping her to prepare for her baptism. She is so excited. We are planning on having her baptism this coming Sunday! She will have her interview either this Thursday, or Friday. It is such a humbling experience watching the excitement that our investigators have as they prepare for baptism. I am so grateful for the privilege to be able to teach them.
C is doing great! Every week he seems even stronger in the gospel. He made a comment yesterday saying, "Why did I not find the gospel until now?" He is beginning to see and experience all the blessings that the gospel brings. He truly is part of our branch family.
We also met with A this week. She is doing great! She still is in a cast. It might be some time before we can have her baptism, however she is still excited to be baptized. We will continue meeting with her frequently so she doesn't lose that excitement.
Another miracle we had was our lesson with A and B. A is the sister of C. We brought a member, A's cousin, with us to the lesson. C lives right next door to A so he joined in on the lesson too. It was awesome. We involved all the family members. Al is 16. J is 13, and V is 8. They have such an amazing family! They are involved in their other church, but we will continue working with them. By small and simple things are great things brought to pass.
This week we haven't been knocking doors. We have been visiting our investigators, members, and less-actives. We are really trying to be effective with our time. As we have spent more time with the members, I have noticed that we have gained greater trust and friendship. I know that working with members is the key to missionary work.
Hermana Eastman is such a great companion. She is so patient and loving with all those that we come in contact with! I am grateful for her example to me and all those around us. I love working with her!
I really loved Zone Conference talking about the Living Christ. I know that Jesus Christ lives and that He is here in this work. As I put my faith in Him, I forget myself and begin to see all the miracles of this work. I am so grateful for our perfect Older Brother. I do know that with faith in Jesus Christ, not ourselves, we can do all things!
-------------------
MOM!
It's so good to hear from you! Even though I do every week, I still get excited to hear from my favorite family! :) It sounds like you've have a good week! That's exciting about Liz! I was laughing so hard reading that paragraph. Thanks! Haha it's also funny because this morning I had a dream that you told me that you were pregnant. I was shock, but you seemed pretty calm about it. It was funny. When I woke up I thought, it's not even possible for her to be pregnant. Haha
We are still teaching the girls. Mainly focusing on A right now, because the other girls have lost interest in being baptized. We are thinking that after they see their sister get baptized they might have the desire too.
Haha yes, I would love for you all to meet C. He does have pretty good English but we talk in Spanish. He is really funny!
Reading the Book of Mormon has helped so much! That's why I want to read it again this year. I also realized that I really need to study the grammar of Spanish more. 1 hour really isn't a whole lot of time. I am excited to really break down and study it despues la mision.
Haha Yes, Andrew and I are on the same track! That's exciting! I am so excited for him to receive his call. I can't wait to find out where he goes. He will be awesome!
Sorry, no pictures this week. I forgot my camera card.
Yes, I am in the Lompoc Zone. I don't think that was a very good picture of me. We are living in Goleta still though. Elder Robinson is in my zone. We are actually having a zone activity later today. We are going on a hike in Lompoc so I will see him then.
As for the bruise, one night we were coming home after a hard days work. Hermana Eastman was walking behind me when we heard some noise. Someone's creepy laugh or something in the distance. She told me to hurry. I started to go faster and ended up falling on my way up the stairs. Haha it was pretty funny. Everyone notices it and asks what happened.
It is crazy to see how much I've learned and changed in only one year. I was thinking about that this morning! I didn't really know much when I came out. I didn't really know how to teach the lessons, and I didn't know Spanish. I am still learning, but it is great to see how far I've come. Thanks so much for everything! I love you all so much! Have the best week ever!
Con amor, para siempre
Hermana Killpack :)
<3
No comments:
Post a Comment