Monday, February 16, 2015

Baptism Day

From the letter to the Mission President:

This past week was one of the best weeks in my mission, perhaps in my life. C was baptized! He was so excited! Hermana Eastman and I both spoke at his baptism. It was such a wonderful experience. I know that C really felt the spirit. The Branch members here already treat him just like family. That is something that I truly love about this branch. We are just a big family!

Yesterday, C received the gift of the Holy Ghost during Sacrament meeting! After church, he received the Priesthood! He was ordained to the office of a priest. Words cannot express the joy I felt and still feel as I have watched C change. Talking with his sister, cousin, and other family members, they have all said the same thing. C has changed so much! When we first started teaching him, C told us that he did not believe in God, in Jesus Christ, or in the scriptures. Now, he has such a firm testimony. I know that he will be able to help others along the path back to our Heavenly Father. Teaching C has been such a privilege. We are excited to continue teaching him!

This week, we also met with A. We set her with a baptismal date for March 1st. She is so excited to be baptized. She simply loves learning more about the gospel. Yesterday, we had a lesson with her. She was telling us about a scripture that she found. It is 3 Nephi 28:3. It says, "And he said unto them: Blessed are ye because ye desired this thing of me; therefore, after that ye are seventy and two years old ye shall come unto me in my kingdom; and with me ye shall find rest." 

A took this for a sign that she needs to get baptized. She is 72 years old. She knows that through baptism, she can enter into the Lord's Kingdom. She was so excited yesterday. It was so cute! We are excited to help her prepare to enter the waters of baptism.

We have been seeing so many countless miracles this past week with our investigators. After C's baptism, there was a fiesta por el dia de amor y amistad. It was so much fun! At our table were 5 nonmembers. It was such a success!

Hermana Eastman is wonderful! I love working with her! She teaches powerfully in a way that everyone can understand. She loves our investigators and it really shows in her teaching and preparation for our lessons. We have a lot of fun together! :)

This week I truly felt the joy that comes from living the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that as we keep the commandments we will be blessed to one day dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. (Mosiah 2:41) As a disciple of Christ, I have been blessed to be able to feel of this pure happiness, this joy. I know that the most happiness comes from helping others to reach their full potential. As we help others, we forget about ourselves, and in turn, become the people that Heavenly Father intended us to be.

We had service again this week with K! We got to help her weed. It was awesome because she started asking questions about what we do as missionaries. We were able to explain to her and she liked it. We are going again this week to help her!

My family is doing wonderful! I appreciate greatly their love and support! 

This past week was truly phenomenal! I am so grateful to Heavenly Father that He allowed me to be here in this mission at this time. I know that I was supposed to find and teach C. I don't know why I was so blessed to have taught C. I truly feel that he is my brother. I am eternally grateful that I decided to serve a mission. It is the best thing that I have ever done. I love life! I love this church! I love my Savior Jesus Christ! I love my Heavenly Father!

----------------

MOM! This week was awesome! Thank you so much for the package! I loved it! Fun surprise! 

This week I finally finished the Book of Mormon in Spanish! I had wanted to finish it sooner, but I have just been so busy with other things I didn't have time. But, I finally finished! And now I'm starting it again! :)

Island Park looks like fun! How's Josh doing? What's he been up to?

Yes, I got Benson and Owen's Valentine. So CUTE! :)

Oh, my talk at the baptism was good. I talked about the Holy Ghost. At the end I mentioned how I remember the first day I met C and I just felt the Spirit telling me that he was a really special person and that he was my brother. I cried as I spoke from feeling the spirit. C was starting to tear up a bit. 

I remember when I first met him, there was something different about him. It was unlike anything before. I do know that I was supposed to come here and teach C. It has been so fun and such a privilege for me!

I LOVED your package. It was so cute! :)


I know that you're not supposed to shoot into the sun... but I thought it was pretty so I did anyway. 


Our awesome present we made for C! Thanks for the package! The box was the perfect size! :)


THE BAPTISM!
Filling up the font! :)


This is C and Hermana Smith, shortly after we started teaching him. He has changed so much! 


C before his baptism!


C and Hermana Farias. She is everyone's grandma! 


C after his baptism with his girls and Hermana Farias! 


C went to change after his baptism and we were so surprised when he came back dressed in a suit! He is going to be such a faithful member of the church! :)

This picture is so cute! 
C and his girls! Precious!



C after he received the Holy Ghost and the priesthood. BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!


Oh yes, I love mi companeras! They are wonderful! I also told Hermana Eastman to add you on Fb depues la mision! This is her last transfer. She will be going home in 3 weeks.

My finances are good I think. I try not too spend to much, because I really don't have much to spend. How much do I have?

Well I need to go, but thank you so much for your love and support. Did you get my letter with the letter for Andrew inside? I hope so!

Well I love you all so much! Please have the best week ever! Be safe! Thanks for your prayers! You are the best!

Con amor,

Hermana Ashley Rae Killpack :)

1 comment:

  1. I am awful about posting on here but I and the kids read how Sister Killpack is doing every week and you can just tell from how she writes and her pictures that she is LOVING what she is doing and blessing so many along the way!!!

    ReplyDelete