February 9, 2015
From the Letter to the Mission President:
We had a fantastic week this past week! We have been so busy! It is wonderful!
My family is doing well! All healthy and happy! :)
This past week was crazy! Crazy good! We have been meeting with C and he is doing well! HE PASSED HIS BAPTISMAL INTERVIEW! I knew he would, but I am just so excited for him. It has been the most amazing miracle to see the person that he has become. He loves coming to church and he is very involved with the members. C is excited for his baptism this Saturday! He asked that Hermana Eastman and I talk at his baptism. We are so excited! :)
We also met with A this past week! We had some great lessons with her. As we were teaching her, we felt that she is not quite ready from baptism just yet. She has the desire to be baptized, but there are still some things that we need to teach her. We are planning to have her baptism in a couple weeks!
Also, our 12 year investigator, A, was involved in an accident. She was in a parking lot when a car hit another car. That caused one of the cars to spin out of control and it hit A. A had a shopping cart with her which saved her from being pushed up against the wall by the car. However, she was still injured. She was taken in an ambulance to the hospital. She has two broken bones in her leg. We visited her on Saturday and Sunday. She is doing better. She will leave the hospital today. Because of the circumstances she will not be able to be baptized this Saturday. We will have to postpone her baptism. We are just grateful that A is alright and that her accident wasn't worse.
Yesterday, we had so many miracles! We have 2 young boys, that we are teaching, that we found last transfer. U and O are 12 and 10. They were able to come to church yesterday with their 3 year old sister. O told me, "I want to come all the time." They all really liked church! It was so fun!
Hermana Eastman is a wonderful companion! She is so patient with me! She has been helping me so much with my Spanish. I am so grateful for her Christ-like example to me!
This week I have been studying humility! I read the talk by President Benson, "Beware of Pride" and I realized how much I have to work on! This past week I have been blessed with opportunities to be more humble. I am grateful that Heavenly Father is patient with me.
We were able to give service this week to a woman named K. We helped her weed for about an hour. After we were done working with her, she tried to pay us. We told her that we couldn't accept it. It was very nice of her! It was fun to be able to talk and get to know her. One day we were out walking and we saw K weeding. We asked her if we could help. She told us that she didn't think we should in our skirts. We told her we could come back. We are planning on going back this week to help K with some more projects.
This week was wonderful! Well, actually better than that! Sometimes my vocabulary is not adequate to describe how I really feel! Yes, I love being a missionary! I have loved working with the members here in Santa Barbara! They have become some of my best friends!
--------------
Mom! Thanks so much for your email! I love hearing from you!
Haha yes, SB traffic is kinda crazy! But the Lord protects us! We are so excited for C's baptism this week! He is too! It's going to be awesome!
It was so fun! Yesterday the kids sat with me in church! Normally I lead the music and Hna Eastman plays, but I sat with this kids today. I realized again how much I just love kids. It was like when I used to call Andrew, Spencer, and Aubrey my kids! Haha they are my kids! It was so fun! They were so well behaved too! They didn't fight, the weren't noisy, they were perfect!
The girls loved their rings! It was so cute! Thanks mom! :)
They came to church yesterday! :)
The one in the quicksilver shirt reminds me of Spencer! He is so cute! His name is O. The other one is U, and the little girl is S.
Exchanges with Hermana Brown! I have never been able to do this with my eyes! I don't even know how I did it. I don't know that I will be able to do it again. But I least I have evidence that I can do it! Haha :)
Okay, now for a nice picture.
Thanks so much for everything! Sorry I don't have more time! Life is great though! I was realizing that most of my friends right now are older than me. Our investigators, C is in his 30s, or the members, our ward mission leader and his family, the Castrejons are probably in their 50 or 60s and Hermana Farias is in her 80s! I just love the people here so much! They are my family!
And thanks for being my family too! Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about you! I love you all so much! Happy Valentines Day! Have an excellent week! :)
Con mucho amor,
Hermana Killpack :)
Feliz dia de amor y amistad!
No comments:
Post a Comment