March 2, 2015
From the Letter to the Mission President:
We had such a wonderful week! One of the best for sure! We saw so many miracles! Yesterday we had 10 investigators at church!! It was such a joyful day!
My family is doing awesome! I have a new cousin! My family is excited for that. We are still waiting for my younger brother to get his mission call.
Yesterday we had A's baptism!! She was so excited to be baptized! She came out of the water smiling from ear to ear. It was precious! We also sang at her baptism and I gave a talk on the Holy Ghost. We all felt the spirit so strongly yesterday! We are excited to help A continue to progress in the church. She definitely will be a strong member of the church.
C helped prepare the sacrament yesterday! It was his first time and he did great! I was brought to tears as I watched him prepare the sacrament. He has grown so much! It was such a humbling experience for me! He also bore his testimony (first time) and it was powerful! C also received a calling! He was called and set apart yesterday as a branch missionary! We are excited to work more with him and bring him to our lessons! He seems to be doing better and better every day!
Our 10 year old investigator, O, also bore his testimony yesterday! I helped him. He was nervous, but he did a great job. He truly has the light of Christ. I already see him as a member. O and his brother U love coming to church! We love teaching them!
Hermana Eastman is such a wonderful companion! I feel like I am constantly learning from her everyday! I am so grateful for her example to me. She is an excellent missionary!
This week, a certain phrase has been coming to my mind. "Sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven." I know that as we lose our lives in the service of the Lord, we will find them. I am certain that I have experienced the blessings and miracles that I have had because of the sacrifices I have made. It is only but a small price for the joy that it has brought me. I only wish that I could sacrifice more. It truly is worth it to serve the Lord!
This week has been so miraculous! I love life! It just keeps getting better and better somehow! I am so grateful to be serving here. We have lots of work to do here, it keeps us running and we love it!
-----------
MOM!
I am doing great! That's exciting about my new cousin! Let me know the name when they decide. I also see that Aubrey is wearing my favorite shirt hmmm? Haha, yes it is adorable!
So I think some branch members and Carmelo and planning on going to General Conference in April. That would be cool if you went too! You could get to meet them. I told Carmelo what you said about my friends being your friends and how you want to meet him. He wants to meet you too! He's awesome!
So funny story, the other day we were talking to this man when he suddenly pulls out a small book from his pocket. He hid the book behind his back and told me to choose which side. I guessed left, but the book was in his right hand. He handed me the book anyways and said that it was for me. It was funny because I was looking through it and I said, "Hermano, este es en ingles." "Brother, this is in English." And he didn't he know English. He told me he recently bought it. I'm not sure why. It was pretty funny.
Exchanges with Hermana Wallace and Hermana Clark!!!
Hey look! Mira!
(Note from the Mom: We have a small grocery store here where we live, also named "Stop 'N Shop")
It rained last Monday! I was so prepared! Thanks Mom! :)
Exchanges with Hermana Cuevas! :)
On our hike! :)
Elder Robinson and I on our hike!
Walmart, first time in 13 months... One of the happiest days of my mission! :)
Our zone! :)
2nd baptism in 2 weeks! Yes, Heavenly Father loves His children! :)
A before her baptism! She was so excited to be baptized!
C took us to Bacara again today! (That's why we are emailing later) He is so awesome! We were helping him a little bit with his English. He already knows a lot, but wants to learn more. It was so much fun! :)
I got this email from an Elder that was in my MTC district. I told him that I would ask my family. He said, "There's an Hermano in my ward that is searching for the Elder that baptized him, he said his name was Elder Killpack. Do you by chance have an Uncle or Dad or know someone named Elder Killpack that served in the Boston or New Hampshire Manchester mission Spanish speaking?"
Let me know!
Oh something else, you can say mi hija, but if you are calling me "my daughter" you can just say "mija."
Thanks so much for your love and support! It's awesome being a missionary! We are also so exhausted at the end of the day. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father blesses us with the strength and energy to make it through the day!
Life is awesome! I hope that you all have a wonderful day! Thanks so much for everything!
Con amor,
Hermana Killpack
No comments:
Post a Comment