From the letter to the President:
This week was simply marvelous! We were able to see so many miracles! Last Monday we were out shopping when a man started talking to us in Spanish. He asked us, "Do you know Spanish?" "Yes" we replied a little confused. He then went on to tell us that he had talked with missionaries before. He asked us to teach him about Joseph Smith. We talked with him for about 15 minutes and helped to answer some of the questions that he had. He does not live in our area but it was great to be able to teach this man. It strengthened my testimony that we always need to be worthy and ready to teach, no matter what we are doing or where we are.
This Tuesday we were able to teach P! We were able to teach him about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He asked us what he needs to do to be baptized. We explained the steps and he really took to heart what we taught him. He had a myriad of questions but we testified to him that sometimes we don't need to know everything. We taught him that when we have faith we can have the courage to keep moving forward even if we don't know everything.
We were also able to teach a woman named R. We shared with her the message of the Restoration. She really listened to what we had to say. She asked some really great questions about the Book of Mormon. It is always so fun teaching someone who is so willing to learn!
On Wednesday we taught A! We were able to teach her the 10 commandments, Sabbath day, and obey and honor the law. She did not have any problem with the commandments and committed to live them. I have simply loved teaching Adalina! She is so faithful! She has a quote which I absolutely love! "Primero Dios!" I can see that she does put God first in her life. Yesterday she came to church and brought her two daughters. I have loved seeing her faith grow. I think if we all had the mindset to put God first in our lives, this world would be a better place. Adalina is a great example to me! Each time we visit with her we are able to see that she is more and more prepared for baptism. We have her baptismal date scheduled for the 21 of June. We hope and pray that all will work out so that she can be baptized this Saturday.
This week we were also able to teach P and her younger brother E. We went over the commandment obey and honor thy parents. We talked about the importance of obeying our parents. We invited them to think of several things that they could do to show their parents that they honored them. It is always delightful teaching this family!
We also had a wonderful lesson this week with a woman named L. L and her husband have so much faith. They let us right in, turned off the TV and listened to what we had to say. L told us that she gains her faith from reading from the Bible, listening to inspiration music, and praying. We were able to testify of the power of the scriptures. We taught them about the Book of Mormon. L said that she would read it. L husband asked us about Joseph Smith and we were able to expound upon the subject. A lot of people have misconceptions about Joseph Smith. They think that we pray to him, or that we worship him. However this certainly is not the case. Each time that we have clarified who Joseph Smith is, I see a light of understanding come into a person's face. I know that Joseph Smith was called to be a prophet of God. That he was an instrument in the Lords hands for helping to restore the original Church of Jesus Christ. This is Jesus Christ's church!
We also had the great privilege to teach G's sons! We talked with them about Nephi. We shared the story about who he was able to build a ship through the power and strength of the Lord. We also talked about Laman and Lemuel. That sometimes in life there are people who complain, or fight with us. But if we are faithful like Nephi was, we can truly do all things. E and E gave some great comments and seem to be opening up more to us.
On Saturday we found T! We had talked with him once before. He told us that he felt his faith was fading. He said that he wanted to come to our church. We were able to talk about the Book of Mormon with him. He told us that he feels like he should come to church. He feels like our message is true. I know that is it true! It is delightful to see his faith and his desire to do what he knows is right.
This week was phenomenal! We were able to see so many miracles! I know that by small and simple things great things are truly brought to pass. I know this is the true church. This is the church of Jesus Christ! As a missionary, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ! What an honor and a privilege it is to be apart of this great work! I know that with God all things truly are possible! I know that he has a perfect plan for each of us imperfect people!"
Mom! I have so much to say to you too! But I'll have to write you a letter because there is never enough time. First, no I haven't sent the skirt and scriptures. There is a member who has a daughter that lives in Rexburg. He will be driving down in 2 or 3 weeks. He offered to take anything home that I need. So I will send some things with him if that's okay. He is always willing to bring anything back to California.
Also what is my blog address? I wanted to give it to a girl in our ward. She is thinking about serving a mission. Thanks!
I'm glad Father's Dad was great! Haha yes definitely need to make chocolate cake! Por su puesto! I'm glad he liked the picture! Yes I too can see that one day Guillermo will be a leader! He has grown so much in his faith! I still need to tell you about his conversion story!
I'm SO glad that you like my letters! Yes, I have a love for words. And cleverly thought-out sentences. I must get that from you! :)
Yes, transfers are soon! One more week! Yes I love hearing from you! It makes my day!
Well I have to go, but please have the best day ever! I will write you a letter today! I have some funny stories to tell you! I love you so much! Thank you SO much for all your love and support! You are the BEST family in the world!
Con mucho amor
Hermana Killpack!
Oh also ps the Santa Rosa Valley is in our area but we don't go there a whole lot. There isn't a lot of Spanish there. There are just crazy HUGE mansions!
No comments:
Post a Comment