From the letter to the President:
This week has been wonderful! I know that I am truly preaching in paradise! This is the Lord's work! As missionaries we are instruments in His hands to bring about His work and His glory.
This week we were able to teach A about tithing. She has been more busy than usual so we have not been able to meet with her as much this week. She was receptive to the law of tithing and we committed to pay her tithing after her baptism. We had to postpone her baptism because we all felt that she was not quite ready. However, we are working hard with her and she is preparing to be baptized. She was able to come to church yesterday. She also brought her two daughters. Yesterday we had branch conference. There was a lot of the emphasize placed on the family. A quote from the conference is "The way of Salvation in through the doctrine of the family." I know that is so true. That family is the most important blessing that we have been given.
Serving here in Thousand Oaks I feel like these people here are my family. I love them. I have loved serving with them. They truly are my brothers and sisters and perhaps that is why I have so thoroughly enjoyed my mission thus far. I am helping my brothers and sisters to have the happiness that I have. The most important thing that I could ever share with anyone is the Atonement of Jesus Christ. The enabling and healing power of the Atonement is very real. I have been able to gain strength from the Atonement every day of my life.
We also had another miracle this week. We were looking through some of our investigators and thinking about dropping some of them. We decided to give our investigator G one more chance. We texted G and were surprised at his response. About a transfer earlier we had taught him most of the lessons. We had taught him about the Word of Wisdom and that's when he disappeared. It was like he fell of the face of the earth. He had so much potential. We were sad thinking that we had lost him. But then he texted us back and said that he had quit drinking 2 weeks previous due to an incident that happened. Later he told us why. He had made some wrong choices and in the process he lost his phone, sunglasses, and hat. He realized that he wanted to be better. He wanted to change. He did not want to keep making the same mistakes over and over again. So he decided he was going to quit drinking. It was such a miracle! For G, this time was a trial in his life. We were able to see that really it was a blessing in disguise. A blessing to help convince G of the promises that come when we live the commandments of God.
This Friday was phenomenal! It was so fun to be able to attend Youth Conference! We loved being able to work with the youth and help them practice to be better missionaries. We loved teaching them about Preach My Gospel! I was impressed by the youth here. They are the future missionaries of the world. I was able to tell which of the youth had grown up reading scriptures with their families and saying family prayers. Something so simple such as reading and praying really does produce extravagant results. These certain youth seemed better prepared to answer our questions and they were able to testify with power and authority. It was such a fun day! I loved every minute of it.
We were also able to teach E this week. He is the son of our recent convert G. We were able to teach him the importance of patience. It was a great lesson for both G and his son. G also is doing wonderfully. His faith is growing everyday. I know that he has a testimony of prayer and of the scriptures. He has an earnest desire to do what is right and continue on the straight and narrow path. G really is such a strength to our branch here. I know he will do great things in the future.
On Saturday we had the pleasure of teaching a man for the first time. His name is H. We taught the first lesson and he seemed pretty receptive to our message. After our lesson was over he asked "Where can I donate money to your church?" We were taken aback. I thought that perhaps he did not understand our purpose after all, so I said, "Oh we are not asking for money..." But he jumped in before I could finish. He said, "I know, but I just want to donate money to this church." We were both very surprised as no one had ever asked us this question before. It was amazing to see that this man, this complete stranger realized the significance of what we were sharing and who we were representing. It was such a joy to see this man's generosity and kindness.
This week had been wonderful! I wish my vocabulary was adequate to say what I really feel. I have absolutely cherished my time serving in Thousand Oaks! I love the people here! This place will forever hold a special place in my heart. I am so incredibly excited to serve in Santa Paula! I know that this is exactly where the Lord needs me. I love being a missionary! It brings me such joy to serve my brothers and sisters! I know this is the Lord's work! It is true!
Mom! Yes, transfers are tomorrow. I am getting transferred to Santa Paula! I will be back-up training. That means I will be training a new missionary.
She has been out for 5 weeks. So I will be the senior companion, and I will be driving. Do I even remember how to drive? Haha of course! Hopefully! Yes, it's only been 5 months.
I am so excited for this opportunity to learn and grow. I was really surprised to hear that I will be training. But the Lord knows what is best for me. I am super excited!
It sounds like you all have had a crazy week! That's also crazy to hear about the goats. And Andrew and Spencer, that just makes me laugh. So if you don't mind I can send that package with bro wutkee. I just thought it would be cheaper. And if you aren't home he could just drop it off at the house. I hope that's okay. We are eating with the wutkee's tonight. Hopefully it's fine if I give them your phone #?
Well I don't have much time. I am excited for this next week. I'm sure I will have many great stories to tell you next week. Thank you so much for your love and prayers and all that you do for me. I appreciate it so much! I love you all some much! That picture of the kids in the jeep is adorable! Did Amber cut her hair?
Have the BEST week ever! Love ya lots and lots!
Con mucho amor
Hermana Killpack!
Also, I may possible send home a camera xd card. For some reason my camera will not read it. It says it's dirty or something. I've tried cleaning it a million times. All my other cards will work on the camera but not this one. Perhaps you, or Andrew can do something to fix it. I have a lot of pictures on it. Also maybe I could have my red camera. The paint on this camera (josh's old one) is starting to chip off. But then again I just remembered that I don't know where the cords to my red camera is. I think the camera is in my desk in my old room or in one of the boxes in the storage room. I don't know. But if it doesn't have a cord than I can't use it anyway. Hmmm I'll figure out something. Well I hope you have the best day ever Mom! I love you lots and lots!
Keep smiling!
:)
Love tu hija favorita!
No comments:
Post a Comment