From the letter to the Mission President:
This week has been phenomenal! Hermana Newland and I are working hard in here in Santa Paula! We are loving every minute! We were able to have some great experiences and lessons this week.
This week we were able to meet with a man named B. Growing up he has had some member friends and he feels drawn towards the church. However, he feels like he is being held back by his girlfriend and his mom. We were able to teach B about the Book of Mormon and talk about the importance of putting God first in our lives. We read the introduction with him and he thought that it was beautiful. We invited B to read in the Book of Mormon and give it some serious thought. He told us that he had prayed about our church before and that he did not feel that it was right for him. We invited him to read the Book of Mormon and pray about it. He has a lot of challenges right now in his life. We were able to testify with power that if he read, he could know that our message is true.
I have a strong testimony of the Book of Mormon. It truly is a book inspired of God. By reading it every single day we can strengthen our own testimony. The Book of Mormon is the keystone of our religion and a man can get nearer to God by abiding by it's precepts than by any other book. I know this to be true! I am so grateful for the Book of Mormon!
We were also able to find a woman named C. She is so fun to teach! She wants her son to be involved in scouts. At first she thought that we were Jehovah's Witness. Apparently her mom is a Jehovah's Witness. She disagrees with her mom's beliefs and was excited to listen to us. She is one of the happiest people I have every met. We were able to talk about the Restoration. She read the pamphlet with her son and had some great questions. We were also able to talk about the Book of Mormon. She told us that she had received a Book of Mormon from one of her friends more than 20 years ago. She still had it in one of her cars.
It is amazing to see the influence that people can have on their friends. We never know what sharing something, a Book of Mormon, our testimony, or whatever it may be with a friend can do. It truly is so important to realize that every member is a missionary. Members often can get places that we as missionaries can't. I know that when members and missionaries work together, that is when miracles happen.
This week were also had another lesson with S. We were able to talk about the Word of Wisdom. We explained to S that our bodies are temples and that they are gifts from God. We taught him that we should take care of our bodies. S is 11 and plays football. He loves football! We promised him that if he continues to live the Word of Wisdom that he can be a better football player. He can be better in sports. S told us that he would live the Word of Wisdom. He was excited to learn of the blessings that come when we live this commandment. S is doing so great and really has a desire to be baptized. We are helping him to prepare. Yesterday the whole family was at church! S loved church. I have never seen him so excited! We are excited for him and his family! They told us they were planning on coming to church again next Sunday. S's mother and older siblings are members. The father and S are not. We are trying to meet with the whole family so that we can teach S and his father. S is scheduled to be baptized on the 26th of July.
We also have been meeting with B and D. B is doing great and progressing. She is really shy which makes it hard for her to come to church sometimes. This week we were able to teach her the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the 10 commandments, and the Sabbath Day this week. We have been thinking and praying a lot about how we can best help B. We love teaching her and are excited to help her continue to progress.
This week has been amazing! Every single night we are exhausted from working so hard. I love it! I would have it no other way! I know that this is the Lord's work. It is His work and His glory to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man. It is also my work and my glory. I love being a disciple of Jesus Christ. It is the most humbling calling I have ever had! I know that my Savior lives! I know this church is true! I love being a missionary!
Santa Paula is a lot smaller than Thousand Oaks. As for a case for my scriptures hmmm not sure. Maybe something different. Whatever you find will be great. You obviously have great style if you are wearing my clothes. :)
7th heaven looks SO fun! I'm glad you all had a blast! That is so fun! Yes, I LOVE driving again! It's not hard driving haha yes I remember the Suburban. However my parking spot if for a compact car. And my car is not compact. But I make it work :)
Glad to hear you like my haircut. I'm still getting used to it.
This dog is huge!
It's a Malamute...not really sure how to spell it but he is huge! Super friendly though, so I got a picture.
This is a really bad picture of me but I thought the wall was really cool. Reminded me of Dad. There are a lot of cool murals here.
Well I need to go but thanks so much for all of your love and prayers. It really does make the world of difference. I am doing so great and truly loving life.
P.S I might go shopping for some clothes today, I don't really need anything but sometimes it's fun so don't worry if you see that my card is being used.
Love ya lots!
No comments:
Post a Comment