Monday, April 28, 2014

Un Semana De Milagros (A Week of Miracles)


Part of my letter to the Mission President:

This week has been phenomenal! We have been seeing so many miracles!!! Yesterday we had an amazing lesson with a man named G.  He was so sincere in his desire to learn more. He listened to us intently. We invited him to be baptized and he said yes! He said that he wished he could be baptized tomorrow (today)!!! It was so amazing to see his faith and his desire to change his life for the better. Teaching G was such a blessing. I have never taught anyone so willing to learn more. He was excited that we gave him a Book of Mormon and he said that he was going to read it.  Seeing his faith and excitement strengthened my own faith. I know that Heavenly Father truly is preparing His children to receive the Gospel of Jesus Christ. 

We had exchanges this week! I was able to spend the day with Hermana Cannon.

Hermanas Killpack and Cannon
 She is a fantastic missionary and a wonderful example to me. I loved going to Simi Valley and teaching with her for the day.  We worked on how I could teach more in unison with my companion.  She was able to help me so much! It was so fun to be able to learn from her example! 

Yesterday we had the chance to talk to a woman who is a less active. She had been baptized when she was 11 but fell away from the church. She told us that there were some things that she did not agree with about our church. She told us that she did not like how we believe that only a certain percentage can go to heaven. We then went on to clarify that we did not believe that. That is a belief of a different church. We were able to find her concern that has kept her from coming to our church for so many years. It was definitely a miracle and a blessing. She then said that she would have to check out the Mormon Church again.

It truly is amazing to see the hand of the Lord in this word.  He is able to bring about miracles as long as we are willing, ready, and worthy to be instruments in His hands. 

This week we also had a lesson with a lady named E. She is so sincere in her desire to learn more. She is humble enough to ask us questions.  She likes how we explain the concepts of what we teach. She grew up in the Catholic religion. She felt that in her church they do not really explain things. She likes how what we teach makes sense.

Something I love about the Gospel of Jesus Christ is that is does make sense. It is simple enough that even a child can understand. I absolutely love my personal study everyday when I get to learn more about Jesus Christ. 

A goal that I have for my mission is to try and become more Christ-like.  I have been striving to develop the attributes of Christ. This week we had an interesting experience when we found a man who was completely atheist.  I can not understand how anyone could be atheist but we were respectful and listened to him and he explained why he believed that a God could not exist. We listened to him talk for quite sometime. At times it was hard what to know what to say. However it was almost time to leave and I felt that I should bear my testimony. For I could not deny the things that I know to be true. I simply said, "I know that there is a God, and He is my Father." I won't go on to say the words that that man said to me after that.  However I hope and pray that one day this man can know. There is a God. He lives. He is our Father. Jesus Christ is His Son. He is that Savior and Redeemer of the world. I am so grateful for the things that I know.  I too, like Nephi, have been born of goodly parents. I am so grateful that they taught me the truth.  My belief in God and Jesus Christ is my life. 

As I was pondering on this experience with this man I thought, "If I am truly to become Christ-like, I have to experience some of the things that he did." To compare what I have gone through, compared with Christ's life would be sacrilegious. As missionaries we only experience the slightest portion of what He went through. Christ was rejected of men. There were those who would not believe in Him or His Father who sent Him.  So if I am to become like Christ, I must walk the road that He walked. I am so grateful for the many opportunities that I am given each day to become more like my Savior Jesus Christ. 

This week truly has been un semana de milagros. I do not know how but everyday continues to get better and better.  I am so blessed.  I feel that the windows of heaven are open and blessings are being poured down upon me. I love being a missionary! I love dedicating my whole heart, might, mind, and strength to the Lord. I would have it no other way. I know that this Church is true and that I am a representative of Jesus Christ. 

That's great to hear that Josh is doing better. I have been praying for him. 
Wow we have 14 goats?! That is a lot! Crazy! 
So I will let you know when I can call you on Sunday on Mother's Day. I am so excited too! We will figure out a time and I will let you know next week. 
We go to church at 12:30.

Sounds like Andrew had fun at Prom. What it's already Prom that's crazy. 

Wow Mom, is sounds like you are doing a phenomenal job teaching your class! As teachers we often learn more as we prepare to teach. I love it! I wish that I could hear your classes.

It's so true what you said last week about sister missionaries. 
When can get places where Elders can't. 
Hahaha yes!


Tell Spencer that I think a kitten auction is an excellent idea!!! 

I love hearing from you! It sounds like you are doing great! Don't worry I will send pictures!


---------

We had the opportunity to plant some Oak trees with our branch for helping hands! 
It was so fun! I loved that good hard work!!!

Hermanas Brown and Killpack

---------

California, you have failed me...

[Note from the Mom...she hates spiders]

No comments:

Post a Comment