Part of the Letter to the Mission President:
"This week has been phenomenal! We were able to find some new people to teach. Yesterday we had two investigators at church, A and G. The branch members here are always so welcoming to our investigators. It really helps when we work together with the members. They are starting to get more involved in the missionary work which is wonderful!
We had a lesson this past week with A and a member. We taught her the Word of Wisdom. It was so helpful to have the member there to add her own comments and testimony. She was able to explain to A why coffee and tea are harmful to us and share her own conversion story of when she stopped drinking coffee. I know that when we have members present during our lessons that we are able to help the investigator see the importance of the message that we are teaching. Members who teach and testify are such a help and a blessing to us missionaries.
Our other investigator G was a referral from the English Elders. We were able to meet with him on Monday and Thursday. He said that he liked church and is planning on coming to our Mothers Day Activity this Saturday. We have a lesson with him tomorrow. He also said that he would come to church next week. It makes me so excited to see his desire to go to church. Last Sunday he did not come to church because he was doing his laundry. I think the weekends are the only time that he has to wash his laundry. Yesterday he told us that he had woken up at 6:00 to do his laundry so that he could make it to church with us this Sunday. It strengthens my faith to see his.
We also had the opportunity to teach the son of a less active. Her son is 11 years old and is not baptized. It was so fun teaching the Restoration. Normally we teach to an older age group so teaching on this level of understanding was new. He was so sincere about learning more. It was so fun!
We also had the opportunity this past week to visit another less active and invite her to church. In my 10 weeks being here in Thousand Oaks I had never seen her at church. We were able to get to know her a little bit and invite her to church. She came yesterday with her two daughters. I was thrilled to see her when she walked into the chapel yesterday. I think that she thoroughly enjoyed church and that she will continue to come.
It is amazing to see how the Lord is constantly putting people in our path that we can talk to. Sometimes we have an appointment with a person and they are not there. We can't get back into the car until we have shared with someone a restored truth and invited them to do something. So we keep walking or knocking until we find someone. The Lord is helping us to find those that are prepared and ready to hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Yesterday we were able to teach a lesson to a woman named T. She is so sincere in her desire to follow Jesus Christ and try to become like Him. It is so helpful when people already have this foundation and faith in Jesus Christ. Even though a person may have grown up in another religion, the teachings from their religion can help them come to accept the truth of ours. It is so marvelous how the Lord works.
This week my testimony of following up with our investigators has been strengthened. It is so important that we invite, follow-up, and invite again. Sometimes I feel it's like telling a child to do their homework. Sometimes they don't listen the first time. I know that as we continue to invite and follow-up on our invitations we are more likely to see improvement.
This transfer I have realized the Lord has been answering my prayers time and time again. What may at first seem to be a trial is actually a blessing in disguise. The Lord has been so merciful to me blessing me with exactly what I need exactly when I need it. I am so grateful to be a missionary! I am so grateful to be serving in Thousand Oaks in California. I strive to better myself each day and I pray to become more like our Savior, Jesus Christ.
Yo se que yo tengo muchos debilidades. Pero tambien se que cuando somos humildes Padre Celestial va a ayudarnos a mejorar cada dia. Yo se que esta iglesia es verdadera con todo mi corazon!"
Mom! Yes I will call you from our cell phone next Sunday. I am planning on calling you on your cell phone at 4:30 pm our time. So 5:30 your time I believe? Yes I got your package! Thank you so much! That was definitely a surprise! It felt like Christmas! Thank you so much for the CDs, food, cookies, lotion, adorable necklace, and everything else! It was great to get it! Oh also those songs on the CD, was that the song you used to sing at night?! It sounds so familiar I think it is. But I think it's prettier when you sang it. I have fond memories of falling asleep listening to you sing.
It sounds like you and dad had a fun couple of days! That's awesome! Did you just take a trip for fun? Are you doing anything for your birthday this Monday?! You are dad look so young, no one will believe that you are turning 50 that's for sure.
So another funny story! I have been talking in my sleep like normal. But the other night Hermana Brown said that I was talking and laughing like usual and then I got quiet and said, "I really have to go to the bathroom." Haha and then I woke up and went. Haha Hermana Brown is thinking about recording me sometime so that I can hear myself talk. That would be funny!
Yes, I am so excited to talk to you all this Sunday. I do only have 40 minutes so make sure and write down your questions if you have any :) I love you all so much and I love this work with all my heart. I love being a missionary! And yes, It is going way too fast already! Please have an excellent week! Love you all!
Con Amor
Hermana Killpack! :)
Oh p.s. this week it got up to 100 degrees! I'm not in Idaho anymore!
Oh also sorry this is a really bad picture but I was so grateful for my rain boots when it was raining! Thank you so much for your love and support. It really means the world to me! I am so grateful for all that you do! Love you lots! Talk to you on Sunday!!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment