Part of the Mission President letter:
"Behold there are many called but few are obedient. Any why are they not obedient? Because their hearts are set so much upon the things of the world..."
This week was phenomenal! Words cannot describe the many blessings that I was able to receive this week. It truly has been a week of miracles. I absolutely loved the conference with Elder Nelson. I loved all the counsel that I was able to receive. I echo Elder Nelson's words, "The most exciting work in all the world is the Lord's work!" How very true that is! I absolutely love talking to complete strangers, something that terrified me before my mission. It is so humbling to be able to work with the guidance of the Holy Ghost and rely completely on the Lord. I love exercising my faith in Him. Heavenly Father always keeps His promises when we are obedient, every single time!
We have a zone goal this transfer that has brought forth many miracles. The goal is that we cannot get back into our car until we have taught someone a restored truth and then invited them to do something. Yesterday we were outside walking for nearly an hour trying to find someone that was home and that would listen to us. I did not get discouraged. Discouragement weakens faith. I do not have time to get discouraged. Rather, I get excited trying to separate the wheat from the tares. We had been walking for a while yesterday and we passed our car several times as we tried different areas to go knock. I was determined to stick with our goal. I had complete faith that if we were obedient the Lord would help us find someone.
We were able to find G. He was pretty interested in listening to us. He said he had gone to church about a month ago and had liked it. He said he wants to learn more and that he wants to come to our church. He was very nice and we have a return appointment for this Saturday. Finding G was truly a miracle.
I know that as missionaries we are looking for people to help and for people to teach. However, as we strive to teach others and help others come unto Christ, we (the missionaries) are being taught by the ultimate teachers, our Savior Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost. I feel eternally grateful to be taught by the greatest teacher that ever lived. Every single day I am humbled by the grace and wisdom of the Jesus Christ.
I feel that as I have come to learn more about Jesus Christ and realize my own imperfections that I am becoming changed. I want to be changed through the Atonement of Christ. I know that as I try to act as He would, I can be changed.
This week we had the opportunity to serve a lady. This lady has a down syndrome child and was frustrated and almost to her breaking point. We were able to say a prayer with her. We then did her dishes for her and talked about what we do as missionaries. I was so grateful for the opportunity that we had to serve her and for Heavenly Fathers goodness in helping us to be at the right place at the right time to help this cherished daughter of His. I have a strong testimony that Heavenly Father is mindful of all His children. He knows us better than we know ourselves. He knows what trials and challenges will help us grow to become stronger. I am so grateful for every trial that I have had in my life. They have helped me to grow in a way that otherwise I would not have. I am grateful for everyday day.
Like President Utchdorf said, sometimes when we are looking forward to rainbows we forget to be grateful for the rain. I am grateful for the "rain" in life. I am so grateful for the goodness of God. I am so blessed to be here in California as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. This truly is His church! It is true! It's all true!"
Hey! It's so great to hear from you! Yes I got your Easter package yesterday! Thank you so much! I was thrilled! That was so very sweet of Sister Smith to send me money! Thanks for the candy! The chocolate was SO good! Yummmm! Oh Jane on Easter again?! That silly goat!
Yes! I gave a talk yesterday in our branch! I also sang with Hermana Brown and the Moorpark Hermanas. I talked about the Atonement and that it isn't just for sinners but also for everyone. I used part of David. A Bednar's talk about the Atonement. I absolutely love the branch members here. They are so very kind and loving! They feel like my family away from family!
I LOVE that picture you send me!
I am so touched! It really is wonderful to know that I have the support of my family members as I serve this mission. I cherish every letter, picture, or package I get from you. I am so grateful and blessed to have a family so supportive. Thank you so much! It really means more than you know!
I hope Josh is doing good. I have been praying for Him a lot. Hahaha tell Him that I would love to gladly share my piano music with him. All that really matters is that he is doing okay.
Oh what a beautiful family I have. I love it! I pray for you all every single day! I hope you are all doing amazing!
It sounds like yesterday was a fun Easter! Haha Benson is so funny!!! Well there is always so much more I wish I could tell you but never enough time! Hopefully I can get a letter send off today. I love you all so very much! Thank you for your love, support, prayers, and everything!
Love you lots and lots!!!!!!!!!!
Con amor!
Hermana Killpack

No comments:
Post a Comment