Part of my letter to the President:
"The Lord has blessed me with so many tender mercies this transfer! I feel so humble and grateful for the time that I have had to learn and grow each day. Every single day is a miracle. There is a special spirit that comes into our lives when we are doing the work of the Lord. For this reason it is easy to wish that my mission would never end. I know that after my mission is over, it is not the end. It is actually only a call to serve a life long mission. I love being a full time missionary in the California Ventura Mission and could not picture myself doing anything else with my time.
We had our investigator A at General Conference yesterday. She has been so open to learning the things we are teaching her. I pray that she can keep progressing and can be baptized in the near future.
General Conference was wonderful! I feel so blessed to have listened to the words of the prophet and his apostles. Their words were encouraging, uplifting, and fortifying. I cannot wait to go back and studying their counsel even further. From General Conference I was able to realize areas that I can work on to become a better disciple of Jesus Christ.
Lately, we have been praying to find people that are prepared to receive the gospel. The Lord has been blessing us. I can tell the difference when a person has been prepared by the Lord. Even so, I know that with those who are not quite ready, we are planting seeds so that one day they may accept the gospel of Jesus Christ.
I wish that I could remember all the miracles that I have had this transfer. But, to be honest, I have had so many that I cannot count them. I know the Lord is truly pouring out his blessings upon us. The Lord always takes care of our needs. Words cannot describe my feelings of gratitude for the decision I made to serve a mission. My mission service has truly changed my life. What is more important to me however, is that my decision to serve a mission is changing the life's of those around me. How can I not share this joy with my brothers and sisters?
I love being a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I know that this is His church. I know that through the Atonement of Christ all things truly are possible. I am incredibly grateful for the humbling opportunity I have to be a disciple of Jesus Christ. Yo se que la Iglesia es verdadera. Con Dios todo es possible!"
Yes, I got your letters! Thank you so much! I absolutely love hearing how everyone is doing. It was very sad to hear about Libby. But it is exciting to hear the good news about the [goat] kids and kittens.
Conference was amazing! I listened to all sessions in English except for the last one, Sunday Afternoon, we listen in Spanish. I can't wait to go back and read the talks!
Yes I love that scripture in D&C:
“And now, after the many testimonies which have been give of him, this is the testimony, last of all, that we give of him, that He lives, for we saw him.” I remember at the Nauvoo Pageant that Joseph Smith said these words and it was so powerful. I still hear his voice (the Joseph Smith actor,) and I know that it is my testimony too. I know that He lives!
Yeah you can send me a conference report. That would be great. We have dinner appointments whenever people sign up. It can be random sometimes. One week we might have a lot and another week we might not. The branch we are in is pretty small so I have had dinner with some members several times. I love the members here so much. They are so very kind.
Oh transfers! So Hna Brown is leaving to be a sister training leader. I am staying in Thousand Oaks. My follow up trainer is another Hermana Brown. I can't wait. I have been praying for her and love her already. I am really going to miss Hermana Brown but I know that with change comes growth. I am so excited!
I will try and write you a letter but today is going to be kinda crazy getting ready for transfer. Hopefully I get some time but if not know that I love you all and pray for you everyday. I LOVE being a missionary!
Love you all lots and lots
xoxoxoxoxo
Hermana Killpack
No comments:
Post a Comment