Monday, March 31, 2014

A Week of Miracles

Hola mi familia! Como estan ustedes?

As always, here is a part of my letter to the President:

"This week has been a week of miracles! It has been so inspiring to see the hand of the Lord guiding us. One day we had about 30 minutes that we scheduled to knock. We prayed to know where to go. Hermana Brown drove to some apartments that I have only been to once before. We got out of the car and just started walking. I had no idea where we were going. We came to a fork in the path and I decided to take the right path. As we were walking, an apartment caught my eye. Through the upstairs window I saw a picture of Jesus Christ. I decided this was the house. We climbed the stairs, knocked on the door and held our breath.  At this particular apartment there are not very many Hispanics. Knocking on any random door most likely would not help us find someone to teach in Spanish. Still, we trusted in the Lord. E opened the door. She started speaking Spanish to us...which is a miracle. She listened to us talk.  She then proceed to invite us to come in several times. She told us that Saturdays were her only free days and that during the rest of the week she was so busy. We came at the perfect time. We taught her the Restoration. E had many good questions and she was very nice. It was such a miracle that we were guided by the spirit to go and knock on a door that I had never before seen.

Yesterday we also experienced another miracle, well five miracles. We try to invite our investigators to come to church with us every week. Rarely do we get people that actually come, but we pray that they will. Yesterday we were sitting in Sacrament meeting. The Sacrament had just ended and testimony meeting was about to begin. In walked A, her two daughters, and two friends of one of her daughters. I was shocked and surprised. We have only met with A twice. She was a referral from a member of our Branch. A walked in carrying her Book of Mormon and sat with us. The spirit was so strong during the testimony meeting. The branch members shared their testimonies of the truthfulness of the Gospel, the Book of Mormon, the Prophet Joseph Smith and the blessings of the gospel. After the meeting was over I learned why A had been late. She said that she had locked her keys in her house. She told us that she knew that the devil did not want to her to come to church with us. I am so grateful that she was able to make it to church yesterday and feel the spirit.

Everyday in the mission field is a miracle. I am so grateful for the opportunity to be an instrument in Heavenly Father's hands. I know that if we are willing and worthy He will use us to bring about his work. Moses 1:39. I simply love serving here in Thousand Oaks. I truly love the people here. I love all the things that I am learning. I love the opportunity I have everyday to use the Atonement in my life. Yo se que la Iglesia es verdadera!"

It's so great to hear from you. So I actually didn't go to the Womens conference meeting Saturday. We forgot! We have been so focused on the work that we totally forgot about it. I felt bad about it but then I realized that during our time on Saturday night we taught A and she came to church yesterday! I feel better about missing it knowing that we were able to help A and that she was able to come to church. It really was such a miracle!

This week we had the opportunity to go to the LA temple. It is gorgeous! I absolutely loved it!!!!!!!!!!!! I miss going to the temple weekly but I know that everyday I have the chance to do work for the living and that is equally important.

Yeah, I did get G'ma Betty's letter last week. I haven't got yours. I don't know what is wrong. Transfers are next week so I may or may not be staying in Thousand Oaks. So it is best to send mail to the mission home if at all possible because I could move.

We have kittens!!! And kids!!! How fun! I need pictures!

I did not feel the other earthquake. 

I am SO EXCITED FOR GENERAL CONFERENCE! I'm not sure if we'll be listening in English or Spanish. If we have an investigator come then it will definitely be Spanish but we shall see. I know I would understand more in English. However, if I listen in Spanish I know that I can always read the talks in the Ensign. Perhaps listening in Spanish would help me to know more Spanish. 

I am doing so wonderful! I love being a missionary! I really am learning so much and am having the time of my life. I know that as I missionary I am helping people to learn, grow, and change their lives for the better. The Lord is helping me to do the same. I love this gospel! I love this work! I love the enabling power of the Atonement that I use everyday! I am so grateful for all of you! Thank you for your prayers, love, and support! This gospel is true! It is all true!


Les Queiro Muchisimo!


Hermana Killpack!

No comments:

Post a Comment