Thursday, March 13, 2014

Open Your Mouth and It Shall Be Filled…but not always with the right words

Hey Mom, I'm doing wonderful! So a couple things: First I'm just learned that I'm not supposed to chat back and forth with you on email, dang it. But since I didn't know last time its okay. 

Also THANK YOU for the package. It got here so fast. I was surprised. I got it on Thursday. You did good. The boots fit, the shirts fit. Thanks for the treats and the jumpdrive. They will all be put to good use. The makeup was great. I was so out the day I got it. It was a miracle. 

So sorry I don't have a whole ton of time. We are supposed to spend abt 30 minutes of our time for email writing our letter to our Mission President. Here it part of my letter:

"This week has been wonderful! I truly love being a missionary! I am so glad to be here in Thousand Oaks. This week we were teaching a lesson to a man and his wife. D y B are interested in learning more. I can see that they desire to do what's right. They have some younger kids and so sometimes they are distracted with their children. We try to teach as best we can throughout all the distractions. I try to speak as much Spanish as I can when teaching. I know its not perfect. I still cannot speak a lot but I trust that if I am trying my best, I will learn Spanish. During our lesson I felt that I need to ask D and B to be baptized. Honestly I didn't remember how to ask in Spanish but I felt the Spirit telling me to ask them. So with faith I opened my mouth and asked them to be baptized. They said yes! I know that it is going to take some work, but I truly hope that everything will work out so that they can be baptized. It seems that it can be hard to get people to church sometimes. Especially when so many people here work everyday. I know that if D and B are ready to be baptized that we will find a way.

I feel such love for the people here. I want them to accept the gospel of Jesus Christ because I know how it has blessed my life. I cannot imagine my life without the gospel of Jesus Christ. My grandparents were converts to the Church. I am so grateful for the missionaries that decided to serve a mission and who were able to teach my grandparents. I know that even if people do not accept the gospel now, or aren't baptized now, maybe one day they will. I don't get discouraged when people don't want to listen to us. In Preach my Gospel it says that discouragement weakens faith. I know that some people aren't prepared to receive the Gospel yet in their lives. So I keep trying everyday. I love the work here. I love my companion. I wonder how I am so blessed to be here serving a mission in Thousand Oaks. The people are so very kind. They always want to feed us. I am humbled to be here. It truly is the Great California Ventura Mission. I love learning everyday. I love that the Gospel of Christ is for everyone. Through the Atonement of Jesus Christ we can become better. I think it was David O. McKay that said the Gospel of Jesus Christ makes bad men good, and good men better. (Paraphrasing) But it's true. This gospel is helping me to become better. I am grateful to be a part of this wondrous work. I love being a missionary! "

I'm glad you got my letters. I will try to write more. It seems that I have more time for handwritten letters. I love hearing about everyone at home. Your trip sounds so fun!!! I bet you had a blast. 

I love my time here. And the mistakes I make are pretty funny. Yeah, I don't have any grandchildren.  

(Note from the Mom:  In one of Ashley's recent handwritten letters, she told some people that she has three brothers and three sisters and two grandchildren.  Then she realized her mistake and said nephews!)

Whoops! I'll try to write you another letter today. I would also love receiving letters from anyone and everyone. Well I don't have much time and maybe I'll get to type a little more if I'm fast but I love you all very much and pray for you everyday! Love your fav Hermana ever!

Hermana Killpack

No comments:

Post a Comment