Monday, March 31, 2014

Life Keeps Getting Better and Better...

Part of my letter to the President:

"It seems impossible that life just keeps getting better and better, but it does. Not that life gets easier but my understanding of the Atonement of Jesus Christ has increased. I recently read a talk called The Atonement and the Journey of Mortality by David A. Bednar. This talk changed my life. I know that before my mission I did not really understand the Atonement. I still have much to learn, but reading this talk has enlightened me. The enabling power of the Atonement is real and I have seen it in my own life. It makes me excited for each new day with the opportunity to use the Atonement. I realize that during my short 19 years of life I have not been using the Atonement fully. I am changing that. I know that through Jesus Christ all things are possible.  When we are obedient and use the power of the Atonement miracles happen.

I have seen countless miracles during my short time in this mission. The experiences that I have had on my mission I hold close to my heart. I am truly humbled to be a missionary serving in the California Ventura Mission. I strive to learn all that I can so that I can be obedient to the rules of the mission. I know that obedience brings blessings, but exact obedience brings miracles.

This week we have been weeding our the "tares" and looking for people that are truly ready and prepared to receive the gospel of Jesus Christ. At times, it is hard to drop a person because they are not ready. I truly love the people here that we teach. It can be hard when you want something for them (the joy of the gospel) and they don't seem to want it. Although, I am very glad for the gift of agency. I just pray that one day they will accept the gospel.

I have absolutely loved working with Hermana Brown. She is like a sister to me. We get along so well.  I have learned so much through her excellent example to me. She is so patient with my constant questions and she is so helpful."

I am doing so great. I did send you a letter last week but on Tuesday I believe. Maybe it will get there sometime this week. Yes, I would love letters from you! All of you! I know you are busy but it is just so wonderful to here from you. It makes my day.

The triplets [goats] are so cute!!! That is so fun! I remember staying with the goats waiting for them to have their babies! That's fun. :)

Good news, I did find my camera cord! 

Yesterday we sang in sacrament. In the Branch no one knows how to play the piano. Most times another Hermana plays but I've had the chance to play in Relief Society too. I wish that I was better at the piano. Practice now boys (Andrew and Spencer) you never know. You might be the only one that knows piano haha.

The language is coming. It's great practicing with the people. We only teach in Spanish so it tests my knowledge. I still have so much to learn and sometimes when I focus on all that I don't know yet it can be slightly overwhelming. But then I remember that I am on a mission serving the Lord and He will bless me and strengthen me through His Atonement, and then I don't worry any more.

Tell Josh I would love to hear from him and ask him some questions about his mission. Also tell him the Hermana Brown is adorable. She is so fun!  I will try to write a little more before I have to get off hopefully!

I am doing so great! I love my time here! I know that this mission is helping me to be a better person. I LOVE being a missionary. We are always busy working which is wonderful. I wouldn't have it any other way. Please have an excellent week! I will try to write you a letter. But really tell Josh and Em that I need to hear from them. All the other Siblings have emailed me. Tell them they are grounded but I forgive them ;)

La Iglesia es verdadera!

Xoxoxoxo

Hermana Killpack!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment