Monday, March 9, 2015

Transfers

From the Letter to the Mission President:

My family is doing wonderful! They are still waiting for my younger brother's mission call to arrive. It will most likely come this week! I am so excited for him!

Hermana Eastman and I had a marvelous week! We had so much success working with the members! We were able to find a number of less-active members whom we have never met before! We took Hermana Farias out with us. She is an amazing missionary! For a 80+ year old woman she has a lot of energy. She is called the grandma of the Branch. She truly just loves everyone. She is the epitome of what a member missionary should be.

We found a less-active family this week. They have 4 kids. They haven't been to church for some time. In my 4 months in Santa Barbara I had never met them until last week. Hermana Farias has played an important role in helping us get into some of the less-active member houses. They all know her and love her. We talked with this beautiful family, and they told us that they want to come to church next month to bless their baby boy!

We have also been working with G. We had a really powerful lesson with G! She told us that she wants to be baptized! She said that she wants her husband, I, to be baptized as well. G has such a sweet spirit. She comes to church faithfully every week with her husband. I know that she will get baptized!

C has been doing wonderful as well! He came to Stake Conference yesterday and loved it! He was excited to meet you! He is sad that Hermana Eastman and I are leaving, however, I know that he has great support and love from the Branch. I am so grateful that we involved the members when we first started teaching C. I know that C has excellent support and will continue to do great things!

A loves being a member of the church. She went to the temple visitor's center this past week and loved it! She lives with members, and I know that they will be a great support to her as she continues to grow and develop her testimony. 

I have absolutely loved serving here in Santa Barbara. It has been my favorite area. It truly feels like home here. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father allowed me to come here and be an instrument in His Hands in this part of His vineyard. I am going to miss the people here, but I am excited to find the people that Heavenly Father has prepared for me in Santa Maria. I have a feeling that I am going to learn lots this next transfer. I am thrilled to be able to work with Hermana Costilla. She is an excellent missionary! We will work very hard.
------------------

MOM! It's great to hear from you! It sounds like everyone is doing good. Wow that's excited about Spencer! He definitely has a lot of talents! And I am so excited to hear what Emily is having! That's super cute with the cupcakes! And wow, you are dad are looking great! Dad looks tan! It must be the coconut oil ;) 

We had stake conference yesterday! It was wonderful! This is Mirella! 


She is such a wonderful member with a powerful testimony of the Book of Mormon!

The Castrejons and Hna Farias!


Presidente Mendoza and his wife, and Hna Farias!


Oh btw, I'm leaving Santa Barbara! I'm going to Santa Maria! It was a bit of a surprise, but I am so excited! I have always wanted to go to Santa Maria. But I am really going to miss the members here. They really have become my family!

Also, good news! Santa Maria has a Walmart! Yes, I know Heavenly Father loves me! :)

Yes, I would love to go shopping! I don't even know what the style is anymore. Sometimes I feel so out of style, but it is the missionary life. 

Also, I forgot to tell you, a couple week ago I was brushing my teeth and a part of my tooth chipped off, (I think) so anyways I haven't been wearing my retainer at night because I think it might have been pushing on my tooth. I'm not really sure, but we can figure things out later.

Yes, I would love to come back to visit after my mission! I would love to come back before I start school in September; that would be perfect. Yes, it might depend on Emily and Andrew when we go, but that's okay.

Well thanks so much for your love and prayers! This week will be an adventure for sure. Hermana Costilla and I will be white washing into the area. That means neither of us have served in the area. There will be lots of people to meet, and things to figure out, but I am so excited. It will be awesome!

C is sad that we are leaving. We are sad we are leaving. It's been sad telling our investigators that we are both going. Some of them have cried, some of them have given us things, others have added us on Facebook. I feel like I am leaving my family, but I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for everything. 

Well, I gotta go, not much time left. I will probably send home a package this week of just stuff. Thanks for your love and support. I love you~!

Con amor,

Hermana Killpack :) 

P.S. I just forgot, Hermana Eastman has been a wonderful companion! I know that she will succeed in life because of her determination. She is a wonderful teacher and I am so grateful for all the things that I have learned from her! 

No comments:

Post a Comment