Monday, March 16, 2015

Exciting Changes

March 16, 2015

From the Letter to the Mission President:

Wow! My family is doing amazing! My younger brother just got called to serve in the Irvine California Mission! I am so excited for him! He leaves June 24th! He will be such an amazing missionary! He is thrilled! Also, I found out that my older sister is expecting a baby girl! She is due a couple weeks after I get home! There are so many exciting things happening with my family!

I love being here in Santa Maria! We have been working hard! We have loved starting to get to know the members here. There is a lot of work here do be done, but we are excited for the challenge! 

We had a couple lessons with our investigator N. He is doing great! We had a powerful lesson about fasting. He loves the church, he loves the members here, but he told us he doesn't quite know if he should be baptized or if he knows that the Book of Mormon is true. We are planning to fast with N so that he can know for himself if these things are true. 

We have been making an effort to go through the ward list and visit anyone that we don't know. We are also visiting active members of the church. We are working to be 100% accountable to the Lord for the people here in Santa Maria. I love it so much! There are quite a few less-actives here, but we are determined to help them come back!

Hermana Costilla is an amazing companion! We feel like we have been serving together as companions for weeks! It's hard to believe that it has only been a couple days! We get along so well and have so much fun together! She has so much charity for everyone!

This week, I have been study the Atonement. As I was thinking about the members and people here, I was thinking that something we need to be sharing with them is the Atonement. Through faith in Jesus Christ, all things are possible. As the members here come to understand the Atonement better, I know that they will be more open to sharing the gospel with their friends. I know that as I come to understand the Atonement better, I will be a more effective instrument in the Lord's Hands. 

This week we were able to serve an investigator named M. She is working on remodeling her house. It is a ton of work! We involved the Elders, and were able to get a lot of work done. M loves the missionaries. She wants her two sons to serve missions one day!
 
I love working here in Santa Maria! It is so much fun! We are excited to help this area grow! We definitely have seen so many miracles already! I know that the Lord will continue to bless us as we work diligently and faithfully!

--------------------

MOM! Yes, I would love to hear more from you! Sorry I don't have much time left! I have received so much exciting news today! I am thrilled! Is it bad to pray that Andrew's mission gets changed to the Great California Ventura Mission? ;)

I haven't got Emily's package. Did she send it to Santa Barbara or the Mission Home? Because I am now living in Santa Maria! But she did send me an email and she is having a girl! Wahoo! :)

I'm so excited for Andrew! There is so much work to be done here in California! I wish that I could see him before he leaves, but I know that the Lord has a plan for everything, and everything will work out as it should! :) 

Also, some of my past companions had been called to serve in the Irvine Mission, but later, were reassigned to the California Ventura Mission! Haha we'll see what happens! 

Haha this morning Hna Costilla woke up and heard that we were talking to each other in Spanish! Companionship unity! Haha! I love working with Hna Costilla! We are doing great! 

Look what I found! An old Killpack truck! In Oxnard California! :) The license plate said Oregon. 



Our district! Elder Perrish, was my 2nd district leader, and Elder Moreno was my 3rd. And now, we are all in the same district! So fun!


Elder Davidson our district leader!



And this is Elder Spackman my first district leader! He just finished his mission! (I was trying to make this picture not awkward, but it's still awkward! Oh well...)


Vicente was sad that we left SB. He told us that we needed to marry someone from SB and that he would babysit our children for us. Haha he is so funny!


Our last night with Hermana Farias and Carmelo! I miss them both so much! 


Well sorry, I have to go! I love you all so much! Hopefully I can write you a letter sometime, but I never have time. But hopefully soon! I love you all so much! Please have a blessed week! Hna Costilla says "Hola!"

Love you lots!

Con amor,

Hermana Killpack :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment