From the Letter to the Mission President:
Hay muchas milagros cuando estamos en el servicio de Dios! This week we saw so many miracles! We have really been trying to involve the members in all our teaching appointments and we have really seen the blessings of doing so. This week we were able to have 6 member-present lessons! 5 of those lessons were just with C!
My family is doing well! They are loving life just like I am!
We have so much work here in Santa Barbara and Goleta! The field is white and ready to harvest. That is for sure! We had 5 lessons this week with C! He is progressing so well! We taught him the Restoration, the Plan of Salvation, and the Gospel of Jesus Christ. In the beginning of the week he texted us and told us that he didn't want to meet with us anymore. He was having some doubts. We were saddened, but we were determined not to give up. We had another lesson with C, with a member, and we were able to help answer some of his questions. The next night we were talking to C on the phone and he told us that he wanted to get baptized! We were and still are so excited! We set him with a baptismal date for February 14th! He has started reading the Book of Mormon and I can tell that his faith is increasing.
I have such an appreciation for members who are so willing to come with us to lessons. I know in C's case, that is what made the difference. If we didn't have a member with us, I think he may have just given up. I know that it is truly inspired that we work with the members to hasten the work of the Lord!
Hermana Faletau is such a wonderful companion! She has so much faith in this work and in me! She constantly brings out the best in me and I am so grateful for such a humble and consecrated companion!
This week, I feel as if my testimony has been strengthened in the prophecies of the Lord. The Lord is truly hastening His work and we are here to find His prepared sons and daughters. I know that if we are willing and worthy we will be used as instruments in His hands to carry out His work.
We also had exchanges this week! I got to work with Hermana Tauiliili again! It was so fun! She is doing great and working hard!
Mom!!!
So we were late to emails because we went out to eat at a resort where C works. He is a cook there. It is called Bacara. We went with Hermana Farias and C!
PREACHING IN PARADISE! :)
Hermana Tauiliili! She is so much fun! We had a great day together! :)
Yes, I cannot believe it either that this week I will have been out for a year! It's crazy! I wish I had yet another year! Maybe I'll extend ;) I also heard that a year after I complete my mission, I could apply again to serve a mission. Haha not sure if that is true or not. I am doing so great! I really love this work! I am so grateful for Heavenly Father and His perfect plan! Life is good! :) The church is true! And Life is beautiful! :)
Oh p.s. It rained a couple days here. Unfortunately I was wearing my new shoes and they got wet. I did waterproof them before but I think they are maybe a couple shades darker. All is well, however. They are still super cute and comfortable! I wanted to go back to the house so that I could actually wear my rain boots but we were in Santa Barbara all day and our apt is in Goleta so it didn't work out. Darn. Haha but it's all good.
Sister Cox and I were matching! So fun! It was a good Zone meeting! :)
Thanks so much for your letter! Yes sorry, we are late, but all is well! This week was one of the best for sure! We have been working so hard! Tuesday we had MLC, and Wednesday we had exchanges! It has been a wonderful week!
Hmmm what do I cook? Well, sometime we have dinner with the members. On Sunday, we had dinner at a members home, they also invited C, and afterward we had a lesson with him. It was so awesome and powerful! Lesson with members in their homes are simply the best!
I make anything from French Toast, Hill and Valleys, Eggs, Smoothies, (I do eat cereal because I like it) Salads, Sandwiches, Quesadillas, Burritos, Nachos, and other such things. Haha sometimes corn or potatoes, it just depends what I have sometimes. I don't cook a whole lot simply because it takes time and I just want to relax. But don't worry, I eat! :)
Oh yes, thank you so much for the CA necklace! It is so cute! I love it! I could always use more jewelry :) Haha and yes, Hna Young sent me an opened package of oreos. She had tried a couple and then sent me the rest. She is so funny!
Elder Robinson is in my Zone! It's really fun to be able to work around him!
(Note from the Mom: She and Elder Robinson graduated from high school together.)
Thanks so much for the package and letter! I am looking forward to hearing more from you and the family!
Tonight we are going on exchanges in Paso Robles! I'll be driving about 2 and 1/2 hours tonight. It should be good. We are excited to work with the Hermanas!
Well I have to go but thanks so much for all your love, support and prayers! You are the best! Simply an angel! I love you all and pray for you daily! Have the BEST week ever!
Con amor,
Hermana Killpack :)
You are the best! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment