Tuesday, October 21, 2014

If You Don't Love Someone, You Haven't Served Him Enough"

From the Letter to the Mission President:

Oh how I love being a missionary! It simply is the best thing ever! This week was wonderful! My family, as always, are doing wonderful! I have definitely been able to see them receive the blessings that come from my missionary service. I have cousins getting married, relatives expecting babies, and other family members on missions and some preparing to serve. It is an exciting time for our family. :)

Santa Paula is doing amazing! We were able to find a really neat person named E this week. He had talked with missionaries a little before. He was having a hard time accepting the Book of Mormon. We were able to have an amazing lesson with him and explain the importance of the Book of Mormon. We read 1 Nephi 13 with him, and I think it helped him to understand a little better. He told us that he definitely needed to read the book to find out for himself. It was a miracle!

We also had the chance to go on exchanges this week! It was such a delight to be able to work with Hermana White! We had a lot of fun, saw so many miracles, and worked hard. It was a marvelous day! 

I love working with Hermana Young! She is an excellent companion and such a hard worker. I love her desire to be exactly obedient. We know that obedience brings blessings, but exact obedience brings miracles. We are both working hard to be as obedient as we can be. I am so grateful for her obedience in all things! 

General Conference was simply fantastic! It helped to strengthen my testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that Thomas S. Monson is the Lord's prophet. I know that Jesus Christ truly is the Savior of the world, and that He will come again. I know that as disciples of Christ we have a desire to share with others, our brothers and sisters, that which means the very most to us. That is why we share the gospel. That is why I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know that whatever trial a person may face in life, that the gospel of Jesus Christ can help. I know that everything unfair about life will one day be made right through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I know that I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God, and that I have been called of Him to declare His word among His people, that they might have everlasting life (3 Nephi 5:13).

As we serve others, we grow to love others. I once heard it said, "If you don't love someone, you haven't served them enough." I know that to be true. I know that when we serve others and truly love them, they will feel our love and concern for them. As this happens, new opportunities will open up to teach people about the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.

I am eternally grateful to be a missionary serving in the great California Ventura Mission. I know that I was called by a prophet of God to serve in this part of His vineyard. I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who has given us this plan of happiness. For if we live the teachings of Jesus Christ we can truly know pure happiness, even joy!


Mom! Thank you so much for the CDs! Definitely a fun surprise! I've only listened to one so far and I absolutely love it! It's wonderful! Hmmm anything else I need? I'll think about it. I could never say no to lifesavers :)

Conference was so amazing! It went by so fast! The fastest conference I've ever since. Probably because I am a missionary and I watched it in the church with other missionaries. Conference truly is the best on the mission! A favorite? Yeah, that is like choosing a favorite child... I loved them all, but I really liked Elder Bednar's talk! I want to be able to show that to our investigators. He explained it perfectly! 

Um, can we please do Whole 30 when I get back? Or maybe Whole Every Day of your Life?! :) Haha that sounds lovely! Nice job Mom and Aubs! You are my Heroes. And yes mom, you are an angel, a humble angel 0:)

Oh I am so excited for Jessica! Tell her I love her and give her a hug for me! That is so exciting! 



We took these pictures before and after conference. In one, I didn't realize that I had the camera zoomed in. Whoops!



Oh funny story I just remembered! So I was talking with one of the Elders in my Zone. This is our conversation.
Me: Yeah, I didn't know Spanish before the mission.
Elder: Yeah, me neither... but I'm white.
*Pause*
Me: I am too! 
Hahaha it was so funny! Oh I love being tan :)

Haha also you know you've been speaking Spanish for a while if you say "The container of the Hermana's" instead of "The Hermana's container." 

Haha oh life is great! :)

Mom, I'm not sure what else to tell you to send me, but you can surprise me! You are good at doing that. Well maybe if you want you could send homemade chocolate chip cookies... But you know. :) 

Thank you so much for all your love, support, and prayers! I wouldn't be the person that I am without each and everyone of you. I love you Mom and Dad, Joshua, Amber and baby! And Brady, Benson and Owen. Emily and Adam! Andrew, Spencer and Aubrey! I love you all so much! You are constantly in my prayers! :)

Con amor para siempre,

Hermana Ashley Rae Killpack

We LOVE General Conference! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment