Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Tan Lines, Sleep Talking, and Packages

From the Letter to the Mission President:

I'm doing so wonderful this week! My family is doing great! My cousin was recently married in the Rexburg Idaho Temple! I would have loved to be there, but I am so happy for her and for her decision to get married in the temple. A decision, I know, they will never regret. My family is healthy and happy! :)

We witnessed so many miracles this week! We loved watching Meet the Mormons! It was amazing! I know that this movie will open up so many more missionary opportunities for all members of this church! How exciting! :) We also loved having interviews! Thank you so much!

This week we have been preparing S for baptism. He had his baptismal interview on Saturday and passed! He was also able to attend the baptismal service the English Elders had on Saturday. He could have been baptized last Saturday, but he wanted to wait so that his son could make it. We are planning on his baptism this Saturday. He is so excited and so are we!

S is very sincere to do what Heavenly Father wants him to do. He such a honest man. I know that the church will benefit greatly from his church membership. 

I love serving with Hermana Young. She is amazing! She really teaches our investigators in a way that they can understand. That is exactly the way that Jesus Christ taught. She is able to connect really well with the people that we are teaching. They all love her and I do too! 

I have been learning more about conversion. Conversion is an ongoing process that is experienced over a lifetime. I know that being a missionary has really helped me to strengthen my own testimony of this gospel. I know that the church is true! The more I learn, the more I am amazed by the grace of our Heavenly Father and of Jesus Christ. Heavenly Father's plan is perfect! He loves us so much! I know that as I desire to learn more, Heavenly Father will bless me with the capacity to understand. 

This week we were able to give service to a less-active. The service in it of itself wasn't hard. We were helping to put up some home decor. However, I feel that our presence in this sweet sisters home was most beneficial. I know that as missionaries, we can bring the spirit of the Lord into people's homes. I am so grateful for the opportunity and blessing to do so. 

I love being a missionary! I love everyday! I know that when I am in the service of my fellow beings, I am only in the service of my God (Mosiah 2:17). Serving Him is truly the greatest privilege of my life. I love this work! I know the church is true! 



Mom! You are my hero! Really! You are the best! I'm so glad that you are one of my best friends! Hahah when it's time to write letters, I always want to write you first! So yes, IBU is ibuprofen! That would be great, thanks! Also thanks for sending me a pic of Jess. She sent me a wedding invitation and it is adorable. I sent them a wedding card last week.

Benson and Owen and SO cute! Hahah I'm so glad to know that I am in his prayers! When does Spencer E get back from his mission? 

Interviews went good! They also go by so fast. We don't have a lot of time. I said the opening prayer for the interview in Spanish and President Felix was surprised to find out that I didn't know any Spanish before the mission. :) I know there is still so much I need to work on pero poco a poco.

No, we don't really have fall colors here. I'm glad you sent some! That was a good idea! 

So this week I guess I was sleep talking again. Hna Young said that I was going on for a good 5 minutes telling someone all about the Light of Christ in their face. Hahah whoops!

Also I heard from another missionary that the Jehovah's Witnesses call us "Black tags" We call them "J- Doubs" (Like the first syllable of "W") haha kinda funny!

Also sometimes here in Santa Paula it's kinda like Mexico. We here people playing their Mexican music so loudly. It just makes me laugh. 

Haha I was talked with one of the Zone Leaders and he was surprised to find out that I was Caucasian. He said, "I thought you were brown." I told him that I was white. He didn't believe me so I showed him our family picture. It was really funny. I really don't think I'm that tan...  but it's awesome! :) 



I did receive your letter. I loved it! You are simply so wise mother! You always just know!

This is what the Pres. said, so if you want you could send my package this week.  I know.  I am spoiled!

"Transfers are in two weeks, so if family or friends need to send you something, they ought to send it this week."

I am planning on sending you a letter this week. I loved the package! Thanks so much! The camels are perfect! :)


Love the leaves!


Well Mumsie and Fam, I hope all is well with you! I love you and pray for you every day! I know that Lord is blessing us! Thanks so much for your love and prayers! I love you all so much! :) 

Tenga un buen semana!

Con amor para siempre

Hermana Killpack :)


P.S it was Junior's B-day and we gave him a cupcake! He is so cute and 8 years old. He is a member's little brother!



No comments:

Post a Comment