Monday, September 29, 2014

Miracles in Santa Paula

The top part is what President Felix sent us:

What a great week we just had with Elder and Sister Malm. I hope that each of you felt the urgency to elevate our mission and to broaden our view to include all the "yes sayers" and that our antennas are in tune for those who will not only hear the truth but feel it in their hearts.

Elder Malm suggested a way for you to organize your letters to me that I would like to pass along to you. Just the FACTS. Please organize your letters with the FACTS.

Family - a brief statement of how your family is doing
Area - a summary of your area, miracles and concerns
Companion - what you love about your companion that you will share with him/her
Testimony - what stuck out to you from your study that strengthened your testimony
Service - how service has softened the hearts of others and opened 

From the Letter to the President:

This week has been marvelous!!! I'm not sure how life can keep getting better and better, but it does! My family is doing wonderfully well! My mother had the opportunity this week to drive the missionaries around, who are working in Idaho! Their car was in the shop for a week. I loved reading my mom's letter hearing how she got to work with the missionaries. And they are Hermanas! My mom does not know Spanish, but she was able to help out these sweet sisters. I am always touched by the generosity of members! When we work with members this work is so much more effective! We have a man in our ward that will leave his work just to come to a lesson with us! We truly have faithful saints here in California!

We are seeing so many miracles in Santa Paula! I wish I could give a detailed description of all the miracles we see everyday, but quite frankly that would take all day. Santa Paula is doing great! We were able to meet with Z three times this week! We had a church tour with her and she brought one of her friends! We were also able to watch The Restoration at the church, and she loved it! We also had a very powerful lesson with her about the importance of the Book of Mormon in our conversion. She told us that she wanted to go to the mountains to be alone and reflect on the things we told her and to also read in the Book of Mormon. It has been so miraculous teaching Z. It is joyful!

Hermana Young and I are truly enjoying the work of the Lord! We pray, and think, and talk about our investigators all the time. Hermana Young is so in tune with the spirit. She really ponders on the needs of our investigators. I am so grateful for her love and care for each of our investigators!

I am eternally grateful for my decision to serve a mission! It is a decision that blesses my life every single day and will continue to bless my live forever. I know without a shadow of a doubt that this church is true. I could never deny it. I have been a witness of so many miracles on my mission! I know that this is the Lord's work. Every day, I am guided by the Spirit, a humbling privilege. I am so grateful to know that we have a living prophet in today! I know that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God who holds all the priesthood keys. That same priesthood that was restored through the prophet Joseph Smith. I know that Heavenly Father leads and guides His church today through a living prophet!

This week we had the opportunity to help a family that was being evicted from their house. At times it was difficult not to cry at this family's bleak situation. As we were talking to one of the family members they said with tears rolling down their face, "I don't know where my family would be without the church." I reflected on that statement. This family was receiving a lot of help from ward members, even though they weren't all members. It was a tender mercy to be able to help this family. I feel exactly the same way, "I don't know where I would be without this church." Being a member of this church has blessed my entire life! It is who I am! I am so grateful for the missionaries that knocked on my grandparents door and taught them the gospel. I hope that I can be an instrument in the Lord's Hands to help all my brothers and sisters enjoy the blessings of the gospel! 

This week has been marvelous! Words cannot express the gratitude I feel for this privilege to be a missionary! I love it! It is the best!

Mom! I don't really know what Elder Malm was talking about when he said that I was going to be part of the change here in this mission. But just being here as a missionary is being part of the change in missionary work and I love it. Thanks mom so much for your letters! I absolutely loved them! It was such a joy to read about you driving around the Hermanas! I'm sure they really appreciated it! That is wonderful! 

This week really has been wonderful! Time is just passing so quickly! I absolutely LOVED the woman's session of conference. It was wonderful! I really want to go to the temple so badly. Only a couple more months! :)

Also if you want you can send me more CDs. Hna Young got a really good CD called "The essential collection for missionaries." or something like that. It has Eclipse singing "I believe in Christ," and we just love it! 

Thanks so much for all that you do for me and all the other missionaries! It makes a world of difference! It is so joyous to be a missionary! It is worth any sacrifice to be here. I miss and love all of you but I am doing a great work and cannot come down (up to Idaho) haha. Love you so much! :) 

Love you so much! So excited for General Conference! Enjoy it! :)

Con amor

Hermana Ashley Rae Killpack :)

Our Cali shirts! And I made Hna Young breakfast :)



Being a Spanish missionary is the BEST! They have the best food, and the best parties! :)


Hermana Young and me


Z! She is such a fun and cute girl! Love her!


A and B! They are D's sisters. D is a recent covert! I love these girls so much! :)



Our new district!

G and her daughters! They moved, but we found them walking down the street one day! Such a miracle! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment