Tuesday, October 21, 2014

One of the Best Week's of My Life

From the Letter to the Mission President:

This week was one of the best week's of my life! This is truly the Lord's work! Every single day this is reaffirmed to me. I love this work! I love being a missionary! It is simply the best! :)

My family is doing wonderful! :) They are so supportive of me! It helps me so much to know that I am in their prayers daily. They truly are the best family ever!

This week we saw a HUGE miracle! We have been working with a man named SG. He has so much potential! We had taught him most of the lessons when he started working around 80 hours a week. For weeks we would call him, go to his house, and text him with hardly a response back. He is 61 years old. I can only imagine working so much was very exhausting for him. Finally this past Saturday, we found S again! We taught him about the 10 commandments, Sabbath day, and all of lesson 5 about laws and ordinances. It was a lot of material, but it made sense to him. S absolutely loved learning about the temple. He is excited to be able to go there one day. He actually works with a member of the church. As we were talking about the temple he said, "Now it makes sense!" His co-worker had been telling him about the temple and it finally made sense about eternal families and that through temple ordinances we can be with our families forever. It was such an amazing lesson!

S just needs to be interviewed and get work off so that he can be baptized. It is hard for him to get work off, but we have been praying and fasting for him. Yesterday he came to church. He told us that he had experienced a miracle. He said, "This morning I was praying to Heavenly Father and I asked him to show me if this was the right way for me. I wanted to know if this is the church I should follow." He told us about how he asked for a sign from God. He then went to watch a movie. He put in the movie. The first thing that he saw was Joseph Smith! He said that he knew that was his sign from God. It was such a miracle! I know that Heavenly Father answers our prayers! We are so excited for S! He also bore his testimony in sacrament yesterday! It was such a huge miracle! :)

Hermana Young is doing amazing! :) I love her so much!!! We have so much fun together! We love being companions! We are seeing so many miracles together! I love that Hermana Young always works so hard and she never complains! She is the best!

This week my testimony was strengthened so much! I know that Heavenly Father truly does listen to our prayers! He is so mindful of each and every one of us. He is our Father and He loves us beyond comprehension! 

We had the opportunity to serve with our district this week for a local food pantry. We were moving canned foods and other food items from the basement to the upstairs of a very old Methodist church. It is over 100 years old. It was such a marvelous opportunity to be able to serve and help the community out. It was so fun! We all had a great time! :)


Hey Mom! Thanks so much for the letter you sent me! It was so cute! I was touched that everyone signed it. I didn't know that Josh has such nice handwriting! Haha

So if you haven't sent that package I might add a little more to it. But if you already have, it's okay. 

So this week, we got to go to a wedding! It was awesome! An investigator of the Elders has been waiting to get baptized because she needed to get married first. So we were able to help out with her wedding. Her wedding cake came and was in two boxes. Whoever made the cake didn't stay around to assemble it. It was weird because she had frosted the second layer to a board. Hermana Miller and I put it together. We found out that both you and her do wedding cakes. Everyone was watching us as we carefully lifted the second layer of the cake and put it on the bottom one. It wasn't perfect, but we made it work. Hermana Miller is so cute! I love her! :)



Oh Becca is getting married?! I am so excited for her! That is so thrilling! Who to? And Rachel?! She is going to be an awesome missionary! :)

This week we have President's interviews so we also get the chance to watch Meet the Mormons! I'm so excited! I've heard it's really good! Maybe it can help me to become a better missionary! 

Love the sunrise! It is beautiful! I do miss the brisk fall of Idaho! The other morning when we were going to church I was so excited because it was 57 degrees. It was a "cold" morning some Californians might say.

So what's this talk about Ebola? In Africa? or Texas? Do tell, I am so unconnected with the world. What else is new?

Yes, this Wednesday is my 9 months! Which is crazy! Time is just flying! I can't believe that I only have 9 months left! 

Thank you so much for all of your love and support. I truly have the best family in the world. I know. No big deal... :)

I hope all is well in Idaho! I pray for you all constantly! Please have the best week ever!

Con amor,

Tu favorita hija/hermana/cunyada/tia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment