Monday, September 22, 2014

Exchanges in Ventura

From the letter to the Mission President:

This week was a phenomenal week! We saw so many incredible miracles! We had the chance to have some great lessons! We also had exchanges with Hermana Brown and Hermana Halliday! It was so fun to be able to work in Ventura for a time. We saw countless miracles and were able to help out many people through service on exchanges! 

This week we had a great lesson with a woman named L. She has 2 children. We were able to teach L about temples, baptism, and eternal marriage. It was amazing because we had a totally different lesson planned for her. We followed the promptings of the spirit and really taught her according to her needs. It was amazing to feel the Spirit of the Lord working through us. She asked us why we don't baptize infants and we were able to read Moroni 8 with her as well. It was a great lesson! We are excited to go back this week and teach her some more.

We also started teaching S again! The English Elders were not ever able to teach him; he has been working a lot. We decided that we would teach S in Spanish. We set him with a baptismal date for the 20th of September. He is keeping the Word of Wisdom now. Last time he was set with a date we had to postpone it because he broke the Word of Wisdom. He is doing great! He is really excited to be baptized and loves coming to church. He loves praying and he loves the way that we taught him. He always used to say to us, "God, take care of you!" But now he tells us, "Heavenly Father take care of you." We are excited to be working with him once again.

We also had an amazing lesson with a woman named A. We were able to stop by and talk with her 11 years old son. He told us that his mom was busy but that we could come back. We were able to go back and meet A. She invited us into her home. We got to know her a little better and were able to share some of what we believe. She is Catholic and isn't looking to change. However, she was so very kind and told us that she believes our purpose in life is to just love other people. She was very sweet and even fed us dinner. We were just amazed at the love of this woman. If only everyone else were like her, this world would be a better place. 

We had the chance to find some less-actives this week. We were able to have wonderful lessons. The Elders found some less-actives that had moved. We did not know where they moved to, so it was a miracle that we were able to find them again. We were able to go over and introduce ourselves. They invited us in and we very kind. They told us that they want to come back to church. We are excited to help them do so. 

This week truly has been wonderful! I love being a missionary! I am so grateful for this time that I have to be here in California! I love working with my Savior Jesus Christ! There is no where else I would rather be! I love this church! I love the gospel! Yo se que esta Iglesia es verdadera!

Mom-Sorry I couldn't send you this from my email. I think that perhaps my lds account information has been changed. I have tried getting on to my email countless times with no success. Hopefully I'll be able to figure it out soon. 

So, last week were got on the computers at the Church in Filmore. I don't know if I didn't log out correctly or if someone changed my information or what. I have been trying again and again my password and it's not working. It's sad because I was looking forward to reading your emails. I was thinking that maybe you would be on the computer right now but I guess you are not. That's okay. Don't feel bad. I did get your letter. Thanks for that. It was interesting to read those talks that you sent me. Haha it changed my attitude about getting I-pads. Now I really want them. And the article on the Old Testament was really good too.

Sorry I can't send you a better email this week. Satan probably wants me to get discouraged that I can't get on my email. But I won't get discouraged. 

I loved hearing about the siblings. That sounds like fun for Amber and Brady and their family! A new car is always an adventure!

We really did have a great week. Today we are going to drive to Ventura and get new tires. Only 2 I think. Should be fun! Haha it's kinda funny how crazy today has been. Nothing has been going as it normally does, which is a little strange because usually every day is the same as the last. But not today I guess. Well you can tell Aubrey to write to me and whoever else. That would be great. I really do love hearing from you! All of you! 

How is the new lawn mover working? You need to send me pictures! Unless you already have and I just can't see them because they are on my email... that could be the case. 

Hermana Young and I are having a great time! She is doing so great and learning so much! It is so fun working with her!

Hermana Young and I made a count down chain until General Conference. I am SO excited! It is going to be amazing! We only have 27 more days!

Here is a picture of Hermana Halliday and I!


I hope that you have a wonderful week! I'm sorry I wasn't able to respond to your email. Hopefully as is well with you. I guess we will have to stick to the old fashioned way and write letters. I love you all so much! Thank you for all your love and support! I pray for you all every single day! Love you lots and lots!

Con amor,

Hermana Ashley Rae Killpack :)
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment