Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Countless Blessings and Miracles

From the letter to the Mission President:

To say that this past week has been a miracle week would be an understatement! We saw countless blessings and miracles! I was studying more about miracles and I came across something in the Bible dictionary. It said that miracles are simply works or the natural results of the Messiah's presence among men. How humbling this thought is! We see so many miracles every single day! We are working together with our Savior Jesus Christ to help bring about the immortality and eternal life of men! Oh how I love this calling!

This week we were able to find a lot of new people to teach. We found a man named J. He told us that part of his family is Christian and another part is Catholic. He really wants to find a church to go to. He admires the faith of his family and wants to strengthen his own faith. He told us that he wants to have Jesus Christ more in is heart. What an honest desire. We were able to talk about the importance of families as well as teach the Restoration of church. We taught him about the Book of Mormon and he said, "It must be true!" He told us that we answered all the questions that he had. He said that he had questioned prophets before and no one could ever explain it to him. We explained that God is the same yesterday, today, and forever. It makes sense that God would still have a prophet on the earth today to lead and guide the people. J really liked listening to us and invited us back to teach him and his brother. Apparently his brother was taking the missionary discussions some time ago before he left to Mexico. J's brother, O, is coming back from Mexico this week. We are excited to go back and teach J and his brother! It was such a miracle finding J.  He even accepted a baptismal invite!

We were blessed with another miracle to find a less-active member named D. We were looking for a potential investigator. We knocked on the door with no success. We were getting ready to leave when we heard someone in the front yard say "Hey!" We turned to look and there was a man just sitting outside. We went over and starting talking to him. We asked his name and he said D. Previously, I have talked with the woman that lives there named JM. She told us that her son is a member of our church. She told me that his name was D. We were able to introduce ourselves and set up a return appointment. D was really excited to talk with us. He told us that he had met with missionaries a lot before in the past. He was excited to learn more. We were able to teach D about temples this past week. We weren't exactly sure how much he knew. He showed us a church program from sacrament meeting the last time he attended church. It said 2010! It's been a while since he's been to church. He told us that he want's to come but he just didn't have a ride. Previously work had interfered with church however now D is not currently working. He also told us that he had received the Aaronic priesthood. It was amazing finding D! We are excited to reactivate him and help him prepare to go to the temple! 

We had another amazing lesson with a family! L, M, and S! They were interested in our message. L is the mother and M is 20 and S is about 22. We felt that S had the most potential. He had a lot of great questions asking us why we don't worship the saints. We were able to explain to him that we can talk to Heavenly Father directly. I created an analogy saying that he did not need to tell me something to tell to his father. However he could just directly tell his father. (His father was there listening to us, but is a really strong catholic and didn't agree with the things we were saying.) I think the analogy really made sense to S. We gave them a Book of Mormon and invited them to read it. We testified of the truthfulness of the book. It was a great lesson!

This week we were able to meet a lot of great people! Heavenly Father truly is preparing His sons and daughters to receive the truth. I love working with Hermana Young! She is doing wonderful! She is learning so much! I am so grateful that I am able to be her trainer! She is an excellent example to me!

Mom, wow you are going to the open house? That sounds like so much fun! Oh I miss the temple so much! I can go again in 4 months. I am so looking forward to it! Wow, a new lawn mower huh? This is big news! What does it look like? I'm sure all my companions think I'm crazy as I tell them how we would fight over who got to mow the lawn. Whenever I hear a lawn mower going its like music to my ears. I would love to hear from you. I really love letters! You can really tell me about anything and everything. Isn't it crazy that it is already September?! Time is flying! This week was a great week! There are so many miracles here in Santa Paula! 

Dad and Grandpa and looking good! How is grandpa doing? How is the rest of the family doing? Any news? 

Haha normally we email at the Library in Santa Paula, but yes that was closed. We are in Filmore (this is where our DL lives) and emailing from the church. 

It sounds like so many fun things are happening! I love hearing about them. I can just picture the excitement of the fair, and new lawn mower, and new puppy! So many fun changes. This past week it was a little bit hotter in the 90's. I guess perhaps that is why I find it hard to believe that it is already September! Haha

Well thanks so much for all your love, support, and prayers. It makes a world of difference. I know I always say that, but it really does. How is Emily and Adam doing? How's Josh? Amber, Brady, Benson, and Owen?  How are the rest of the kids? And how are you mom and dad? Please tell me all! Have a marvelous week! I love you so much! 

Con amor, 

Hermana Ashley Rae Killpack :)

Another service project we did this week. Haha it was fun! Also I made banana muffins! They looked kinda gross but they were really good. Also, I was able to make tortillas this week. It was really fun! Have a wonderful week! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment