From the letter to the mission president:
"This week has been one of the best! We had a goal as a companionship to teach 40 lessons this week. We were able to reach this goal! It was wonderful to see the hand of the Lord in the work. We were definitely blessed with a myriad of miracles every single day! Every day we got back to our apartment tired from a full days work. I would not have it any other way! It definitely strengthened my faith as I relied on the Lord for His help. Se que con Dios, todo es posible!
We have seen so many miracles! I know that as we continue to work hard each day we will continue to see many more miracles. This week we had the opportunity to teach G. He was struggling a bit. He felt like God had not been answering his prayers. He was getting discouraged. We felt like he was giving up which broke my heart. We read Enos 1 together. G was able to see the faith of Enos. He said, "That's why I haven't had my prayers answered. I need to have more faith." We have been working with him and things have been going so great, much better! He has a baptismal date for the 7 of June and hopefully we can keep this date. Of all the people that I have taught he seems to have the most potential for progressing towards baptism. He likes coming to church but he just got a job where he works on Sundays. He is hoping to find a new job so that he can come to church on Sundays.
We also met with A this week. It had been a while since we had met with her and we were a little worried. The last lesson we had taught with her was the Word of Wisdom. We went to see her but she was not home. We then tried a referral that we had gotten. It was a person that lived in the apartment just above A. We found T. T listened to our message and told us that she has family members that are Mormon. She told us that there are a lot of things about the Catholic religion that she does not like. But she is scared to change her religion. She was very nice and open to listening to us and learning more. We have a return appointment with her. I am excited to help her learn more. We had a great lesson with T and then we left. That's when we saw yet another miracle. Just as we were walking away we heard a car horn honk at us. We looked and it was A in her car. She was waving excitingly at us. She motioned for us to come and talk to her. We talked with her and she invited us into her house. She was so happy to see us. She thought that she had missed us because her daughter at home had texted her that we had stopped by. It was such a relief to see that she was still interested in learning more.
A came to church with her 13 year old daughter C. C has down syndrome so at times it was hard for her to sit still. However they stayed for all 3 hours of church. It was very exciting!
We also ran into a woman that we had given a Jesus card to. When we first talked with her, she was not interested in listening to us at all. This second time that we saw her, she stopped us and started talking to us. We were able to teach her a lesson and help her with some of the things that she is going through right now. It was so amazing to see that she was really willing to listen to us the second time that we met her. I know that as missionaries, there are lots of people that are not willing to listen to our message. If they do not want to listen it does not discourage me. I know that sometimes we are just planting those seeds that will open their hearts. One day, because of these planted seeds, they may be more likely to listen to missionaries in the future. It was so great to see the difference in this woman.
We also have a fantastic investigator named P. P is so sincere in his desire to learn more. He reads the Book of Mormon every week and also has so many great questions about everything. It is really helping me to learn more as I study the scriptures to find answers to his questions. We taught P the 10 commandments and he was saying that now that he knows about them he feels more responsible. He feels more responsible that he has to live them now that he knows. He is an investigator that I feel really understands. Teaching P is always a joy!
This week has been so full of countless miracles! I could type all day and still not cover half of all the many miracles that we are being blessed with. I am so blessed to be a missionary in the Great California Ventura Mission! I love being a representative of the Lord. I love this gospel and I know that it is true! It is all true!"
This week has been phenomenal! Yes I got your other email! I think that my seminary scriptures are in one of my two boxes in the storage room where I put all my things. The boxes I think are duct taped because I did not want the boys reading my journals haha. Yes, I'll see if I can send them home. They are pretty sad. We super glued them but I do not think they will hold us.
Thanks for ordering scripture covers also. I'm really excited for them. I'm sure they are super cute!
Oh also, this week was HOT! I have never been in 111 degree weather before. That was fun. I wish I had some more short sleeved cute shirts. Also I sweat so much. Haha it's always fun!
Also guess what else? The church building where we go has it's own stop light. They just named the road you turn off to get to the church. Mormon Way! Haha!
Also, would you keep an eye on my debt card. We were giving service the other day and we left our purses on a chair. When we came back my purse was unzipped and Hermana Brown was missing a 2 dollar bill. I think the lady that was looking through our purses did not have time to look through mine before we came back. In my purse was a camera, a GPS, $50 in cash, and my debt card. I don't think that she got any information but please keep an eye on things. It was really weird. Obviously I had more to steal than Hermana Brown so I feel lucky that she didn't get to mine (hopefully) It's just ironic because we were giving service to her. Weird, right?! I will be more wise where I take and put my purse in the future.
I did get your card for Mother's Day. Thank you so much! That was so cute! I am glad you got my letter! I'm sure Aubrey did great! I wish I could have seen it! It sounds like all is going well with you.
Oh guess what!? I'm staying in Thousand Oaks! I am so excited! With Hermana Brown too! Yes, this transfer will only be 5 weeks and I know that it will fly. The time is going by way too fast as it is!
That's is SO cool about the scholarship that grandpa is doing! Did he think up that himself or did someone suggest it?
Hope you have fun in California! Tell Grandma Betty that I love and miss her!
Thank you so much for your love and support and your prayers! It really makes the world of difference! I love you all so much! Please have the best week of your life! I know I will!
Con mucho amor!
Hermana Killpack
This is P! He is the coolest ever! He is so nice and always give us food! He is the best!
Haha have a great week! Love you lots!!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment