Saturday, August 2, 2014

The Windows of Heaven in Santa Paula

From the letter to the President:

We are seeing so many blessings here in Santa Paula! The Lord is truly hastening His work! This week was wonderful! The windows of heaven truly are open as the Lord is pouring out His blessings upon us. 

This week we were able to teach a man named m. We knocked into him one day and he was busy so he told us to come back. We went back this past week and were able to have a fantastic restoration lesson with him. M has a degree in philosophy. It was fun to teach him because he contemplated our message in a way that most people don't really think about. We would be talking and then one of us would stop and he would jump in "What happens next?" Our lesson with M was the funnest lesson that we had this week! His was so sincere in his desire to listen to us. He told us that more than anything he wants to be closer to God. I was able to show M the paragraph in the Introduction of the Book of Mormon. The paragraph that says that the Prophet Joseph Smith stated that a man would get nearer to God by abiding by the precepts in the Book of Mormon than by any other book. He read that and was surprised but excited. We were able to give him a Book of Mormon and commit him to read it. We are excited to continue teaching M. 

We were also able to teach S again this week. His baptism is this Saturday! We were able to teach S about tithing, fasting, and being obedient to the law. S is always so excited to learn about the promised blessing we will receive as we are obedient to the commandments of God. We absolutely love teaching S! S and his family were at church again yesterday! It truly is a miracle that they are coming  back to church. We are excited to continue working with their family!

Yesterday we were blessed with another miracle. We knocked on a door looking for a potential and found A. We briefly told her who we were and she just let us right in. She was very kind and friendly. We were able to teach her the Restoration as well. She had some really great questions and invited us to come back again. She told us that she would read in the Book of Mormon. A recognized that us (the missionaries) finding her was a miracle. We were looking for someone else but found her instead. A kept on saying that it was a miracle.

And oh how we see so many miracles every single day! It truly is a miracle that I can understand and talk to people in Spanish! Although I'm not perfect, and there is still so very much that I don't know, the Lord has loosened my tongue so that I may share this message in English and Spanish! Oh what a blessing! A tender mercy from God! I am so grateful that I can be an instrument in the Lord's hand. It is so very humbling!
We are teaching a boy named F. He is 17 years old and has been raised Catholic. We have started teaching him simply because he does not know a whole lot about God and Jesus Christ. It has been fun teaching him!

We also were able to teach a woman named S. She was able to read in the Book of Mormon and was excited to learn more. We started to teach her about the Plan of Salvation but haven't covered everything yet. It is always a pleasure to teach people who are eager to learn more. She told us that she wants to come to church but hasn't been able to make it yet. 

We also have a new investigator named G. We found G walking on the sidewalk. We were able to introduce ourselves as missionaries and tell her briefly about the message that we share. She was walking with her two daughters E, and C. They are 9 and 10 years old. As we were about to walk away E and C came up and hugged us  both. They are so cute! We were able to go to G's house and have a great lesson with her. We shared the message of the Restoration. On another occasion we were able to talk to E and C about Jesus Christ. They all loved learning more.

We are seeing countless miracles here in Santa Paula! The Lord is truly hastening His work! What a privilege it is to be a representative of our Savior Jesus Christ! I learn more and more everyday and am ever amazed at the Lord's mercy and grace! I love being a missionary! I love my brother Jesus Christ, and I know that this church is true!


Yes Mom I was able to get the camera and scripture case. THANK YOU SO MUCH! Wow! That camera is really nice! It's working great! I am still trying to figure out how to use it. I'm sure I'll get it soon! Yes I was so excited to hear about Haylee getting her mission call. That's so exciting for her! I know that she will be a fantastic missionary! 

So, this past week we had president's interviews and he told me that we are getting Tablets in our mission. I'm not sure when, he said sometime before December, so we'll see what happens. I think that means we'll be on fb too. Which I really didn't want to be on Fb but if it helps in the missionary work I'll do it. Haha. 

So I was wondering about how much $ I have because my straightner just broke. I'm not really sure if there is a good place to buy one around here but I'll have to look around. I have been using Hna's Newland's but I can't be using hers forever.

So this week I was out exercising and I accidentally tripped. I fell and scraped up my hand. It's doing lots better. But here is a picture compliments of my new camera haha.


Also we had the opportunity to do some service for Kim! We helped her clean her house because her daughter is coming to visit from I can't remember where. I'm not sure why she grabbed the garlic at the last moment to be in the picture with us. Haha she and her husband are very funny!


I am doing so great! I love hearing from you! Letters are the best! If you every have time to write I would absolutely love that! I hope and pray that all is well with you! Les quiero muchismo!

Tenga un buen dia! 

Con mucho amor, como siempre!

Hermana Killpack! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment