Friday, August 8, 2014

No Work More Satisfying

From the Letter to the Mission President:

To say this week was a wonderful week would be an understatement! We saw so many miracles! I love this work! I absolutely love being an instrument in the Lord's Hands! There is no work more satisfying! 

This past week we had the opportunity to teach Sl. We taught him tithing, fast offerings, follow the prophet, and obey and honor the law. He was so willing to pay tithing. He has such faith to do what God wants him to do. We were planning to have his baptism this next Sunday, but we are moving his date. He has been working a lot lately and we feel that he is not quite ready for baptism. We are moving his date to the 23rd of August. Sl was also at church yesterday! He was supposed to go to work but he told his boss that he would be late to work because he had to go to church. He was only able to stay for Sacrament Meeting. I was touched by his faith to come to church even when he was supposed to go to work. Sl loves learning! He is so humble and always a pleasure to teach. 

This week we were also able to teach S. We are now reteaching him all the lessons. When we went over to teach him, he seemed different. He remembered the lesson better and also answered our questions better. We have seen a change in him now that he has the Holy Ghost. It is so amazing! S is doing great and we are excited to continue teaching him. 

We had a really neat Restoration lesson this week with a woman named C. We were going to an appointment but it fell through. We have a goal as a companionship that we can't get back into our car unless we have talked to someone, shared a restored truth, and invited them to do something. So, we started walking. We saw an apartment that we both felt impressed to try. We knocked on the door and C answered. We shared our message and she listened. It was a pretty average Restoration lesson. When the lesson was over we asked C if we could say a prayer. At first she was hesitant. However we explained the way that we pray in our church and I offered to say it. She agreed, and I said the prayer. We were both surprised to see that when I finished the prayer C had tears streaming down her face. She just stood and looked at us as she cried. I asked if there was anything that we could do for her and she told us no. I know that she was really able to feel the spirit. It was such an amazing experience. We also invited her to church and she asked us what time it started in Spanish.  It was such a miracle to find C. We are going back this week to have a lesson with her. It is amazing how the Lord can guide and direct us to the people that we need to find! 

We had a great lesson with a less-active named A. He shared some experiences of when he has heard the Holy Ghost in his life. He has countless stories of how he has been protected by listening to the promptings of the Spirit. He told us that he knows he should come back to church. He wants to. We were able to share a scripture with him and invite him to church. We also are going to start meeting with him and read from the Book of Mormon. We were able to have a powerful lesson with A. 

This week we found a new investigator named S. She was so nice! She has talked with missionaries before in the past. She was excited to get the Book of Mormon because she likes to read. It was also such a miracle that we were able to find her. Another one of our appointments fell through and so we just started knocking. We knocked her door first and were able to have a great lesson with her!

We also found another great new investigator named A! We were going to have a lesson with his mom, but she was busy, so we had a lesson with him. We taught him the Restoration and he listened intently to what we had to say. Before we even mentioned it, he invited us to come back and teach him more.  I love teaching people who are excited to learn. It's so great!

Yesterday we also were able to find a woman named A. She has also talked to missionaries in the past when she was younger. She now has a cute little family of 3 kids. She listened to our message and told us that she remembers learning about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. She told us that she wants to raise her family with morals and help them to make good choices. We talked about the importance of family and how family is the most important thing in this life. We are excited to go back and teach her!

I love being a missionary! I love teaching the people! Even if people aren't interesting in listening to us now, we are planting seeds for future missionaries to reap. That is something that I love about missionary work. I love going home exhausted every night. I love the miracle of waking up with energy to go out and work hard again the next day. The Lord is truly blessing us! We see so many miracles every single day! I am so very grateful to be apart of this great work! It is a humbling calling, and the best calling! I love life! I love this church! I know that it is true!

Mom! Thank you so much for the package you sent! How did you know I needed more mentos? Haha I was going to buy some last week but they were too expensive. And I was so surprised to get your package and get mentos. Yes! The Lord is just blessing us so much! Also thank you for the double-stick tape. It works! My scriptures are much happier now. Thanks for the adorable earrings! I wore mine the other day and Hermana Newland is wearing hers now. Thank you so much for thinking about her. She was so touched. I think you almost made her cry again! Oh mother, you are an angel. Aubrey's notes were also very cute! 

Girls camp sounds like fun. They always have really good hikes! Something I love about you mom is that you don't give up! Some people would make an excuse, but you don't! 

That's good that dad has some extra help. I'm sure he needs it! He works so much! That should be fun for Josh to work with Dad. That's something that I miss. This past week we had the opportunity to clean the Church building and it reminded me of cleaning Dad's work place. That was a great job!

That picture of Dad and Benson is adorable! Oh he is the cutest!!! 

Yesterday I think it rained a bit. It also was really humid. Something that I'm not really used to coming from dry Idaho. It was fun though. Hna Newland said it reminded her of Oklahoma.

Well thanks so much for all your love, support, and prayers! Today we are driving to Camarillo to pick up some glasses for hna Newland. A while ago she mentioned that she needed new glasses. I told her that we should get some. She pushed it aside telling me "It's okay" But I insisted and we set up an appointment. Two weeks ago we went to the eye doctor and today we will go pick up her new free glasses. Such a blessings! That's what happens when you go to an eye doctor who is a member :)

Well have a marvelous day/week! I love you all so much!

Con mucho amor

Hermana Killpack!  

No comments:

Post a Comment