From the letter to the President:
I don't know how, but life keeps on getting better and better! Tuvimos muchos milagros esta semana! The Lord truly is hastening His work and it is such a joy in my life to be a part of it!
This Monday we were able to meet I and J. A couple months ago J's wife was killed in an accident. It was a very traumatic experience for the whole family. J has two sons, J and R. They are really going through a hard time. A sister in the ward was able to introduce us to the family. We were able to talk about Jesus Christ and His sacrifice and also about the plan of salvation. I, who lives next door to J, is J's sister-in-law. The loss was also hard on her family. We were able to get to know her better and share a scripture with her that really helped. It was so sad to see this family going through such a hard time. However, what peace and comfort it brings to know that God truly does have a plan for us. We will see our loved ones again. I love being a missionary and sharing this knowledge with those who do not know.
This week we were able to teach S about missionary service, teaching and learning, enduring to the end, the priesthood, eternal marriage, and temple and family history work. We worked hard with S to make sure that he was prepared for his baptism. He was so ready! S's baptism was amazing!
The Spirit was so strong! S's grandmother and aunt, both who aren't members, were able to make it. It also had a big impact on S's dad, who also is not a member. I watched as both of S's parents were touched by the Spirit as tears streamed down their faces. It was such a honor to be apart of S's baptism. M, S's mom, says that they only have one more baptism left in their family, her husband E. E already considers himself a member of our church but we still need to teach him the lessons. We are excited to continue working with this beautiful family! S's sister A, has recently got started doing personal progress. She is so excited! She has also mentioned before wanted to serve a mission. It is truly amazing to see this family come back to church and receive the blessings for their faithfulness.
Yesterday S's confirmation was very powerful. S was blessed that he would have a desire to serve a mission, get married in the temple, and have an eternal family. Words cannot express the joy I felt. This is the true church of Jesus Christ. I could never deny it. The Spirit bore witness to me that God has so much love for each and every one of us. He is just waiting to give us blessings if we are obedient to His commandments.
This week we were able to teach Sl the Gospel of Jesus Christ, prayer, study the scriptures, obedience, and the Word of Wisdom. He is so excited for his baptism. We actually changed his baptismal date because he wants to be baptized on his birthday on August 10. He will be 61. Sl absolutely loves coming to church. He loves the people at church. He loves learning more. Sl was able to attend the baptism, however he was late. He planned on coming to the baptism and told us that he would take the whole day of work off so that he could come. At the last minute he was called in to help with somethings. He still had time to make it back to the baptism so he went. On the way back from his errands he told us that he got lost. He told us that he knew that something did not want him at the baptism. We told Sl that it was Satan. Satan works so hard on people who are about to make a righteous decision. Sl did miss that baptism but enjoyed the rest of the program. We are having a lesson with him tonight. We love teaching Sl!
This week we also taught C and her 8 year old son about the Restoration. They both listened intently and after we were done sharing our message C commented, "There is no way that he could have made that up," referring to Joseph Smith. C and J were also at church yesterday. Yesterday was J's first time and he absolutely loved church! C wants J to be involved in church activities and scouting. We are excited to continue working with them.
We were able to find some great new investigators to teach. It is truly amazing how the Spirit can guide us where to go and what to say. I am so grateful to be a missionary serving here in the Great California Ventura Mission. There is absolutely no where I would rather be. I am so grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ and for His Atonement. I have been able to find strength from the Atonement every single day of my life. I love being able to teach the people here in Santa Paula. It is such a humbling calling to be a disciple of our Savior, Jesus Christ. I love life! I love the gospel! Yo se que esta Iglesia es verdadera! Esta obra es mi vida! Se que vive mi Senor!
Mom! First off, thanks so much for your letter! To me and to Hermana Newland. She was so touched. She said that it brought tears to her eyes when she was reading your letter, and even after just thinking about it. Thank you mother. You are an angel. She has been out for 3 and a half months. Thank you so much for taking time to write her. I also wrote her a letter one P-day :)
This week has been wonderful! We are seeing SO many miracles! So last Fast Sunday was the first time that I paid my fast offerings. I don't know why I've never paid them before. Maybe I really didn't understand what a fast offering was. But I have seen so many blessings because I paid my fast offerings. I wanted to tell you that I am going to pay my fast offerings every Fast Sunday. I'm planning on paying so I will take that out of my account at the end of every month. I realize that I am not making any money at this time but I truly have gained a testimony of paying fast offerings.
Wow, Glen and Rachal Monson are both home! Crazy! Yes, I love that quote! I believe that a general authority said it in General Conference because it has always stuck with me. A mission is the best two years (year and a half) for your life. And oh how true it is. I have learned so much about myself, my Savior Jesus Christ, and how I can be a more effective instrument in the Hands of the Lord. I love it!
Time is just flying! We only have 2 more weeks in this transfer! I love working with Hna Newland! We get along great! Haha funny story real quick. So the other Hermana's in Santa Paula saw that they had received a voicemail from our district leader and his companion. They listened to the voicemail and realized that they had been called by mistake. The elders had accidentally called during their lunch break. The Hermana's were about to just delete the message but decided to keep listening. All of a sudden they heard one of the Elders singing a song about missionary work to the tune of "Be a Man" from Mulan. The Elder did not know that the phone was recording his every word. Hahaha the Hermana's gladly let us listen to the voicemail and we all had a great time laughing.
Thanks so much for all your love and prayers. I will be fasting for Joshua this Tuesday (tomorrow). I hope that all goes well with him. I know it will. I love you all so much! Have the best week ever!
Con mucho amor
Hermana Killpack!
That plant could probably eat me!
Love these Hermanas!
No comments:
Post a Comment