From the Letter to the President:
"This week has been wonderfully crazy! Full of so many miracles! We have had a week of much learning and growing! It has been so fun! As we have tried helping our investigators with their needs and doubts, we have been growing too!
We were able to meet with G several times this week. We taught him about him about the 10 commandments and focused on the Sabbath day. We also taught him about obedience and explained the blessings that come when we are obedient. We taught him another day this week about tithing. He said that he did not have any problem with paying tithing. We were uncertain how he would receive this lesson because he does not have a lot of money.
In my experience it is easier to teach those that come from more humble backgrounds. They want to change their lives for the better. G texted us once more telling us that he was not sure that Thomas S. Monson was a prophet. He wanted us to send him some scriptures so that he could learn more about prophets. We sent him some in the Bible and Book of Mormon. We also told him that he could search on lds.org. After reading and researching he told us that he does believe that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet. We have been working so hard with G trying to prepare him for his baptism. We have fasted and prayed for him. Yesterday he was not able to come to church. He told us that he was not feeling well. We asked him when we could schedule a baptismal interview and he said he doesn't know. He told us that he has some doubts and that he doesn't feel ready to be baptized this next Sunday.
We have been trying to help G with his doubts but he won't tell us what they are. He has always asked us questions about things he did not understand. Or he has asked us for scriptures or material to read that can clear up his doubts. We are not sure what he is struggling with at this time. However, we are determined not to give up and keep working hard with him. We know that when people are preparing for baptism, Satan is working so hard. He does not want them to get baptized and he will do everything he can to prevent them from entering the waters of baptism.
Through this roller coaster week with G we have been exercising our faith and putting our trust in the Lord. I know that God has a plan for G. We are excited to keep working with him and prepare him to be baptized.
We also had the privilege to teach A about prophets. We read with her from the scriptures and explained the importance and need of prophets in our day. She said that she believed that we do have a prophet today. She was able to watch a session of General Conference so I think that helped her to understand a little better. A is progressing slowly, but surely. It has been so fun to her faith grow.
We were able to have a wonderful unplanned lesson yesterday with a man named C. He was outside working when we stopped by. He stopped his work and brought out some chairs for us to have a lesson. His wife is Catholic but he was telling us that he does not belong to any religion. He told us that there are so many churches in the world that it is hard to know which is the true church. He did not think it was possible to know. We taught him about the restoration of the Church. We emphasized the power of prayer. We taught him that prayer in powerful. We can pray to God, and God knows everything. He was so happy to meet us. He listened very intently and I can tell that he is very sincere about learning more.
We were able to teach E on Saturday. We focused on obedience and studying the scriptures. We testified of the importance of being obedient. We also talked about how we can use the scriptures in our everyday lives. We also invited her to come to church again. She says that she can't come because she is always running her son around town on Sunday. But that when school is out in 2 weeks that he (her son) will be less busy. We sang a hymn for her and she loved it. She really wants to come to church now. I know that power of music is very real. It is a sure way to bring the spirit. We were able to have an excellent lesson with her.
When have continued teaching P. He is also slowing progressing. He always has so many questions that we love answering. He explained why he has so many questions. His family are catholic and they ask why he meets with us. He tells them that he wants to learn more about God. He then goes on to explain and teach them the things that we have taught him. He really has so many good questions. It is always a delight to teach P.
We were able to meet with Pr. again this week. She really likes reading the For Strength of Youth pamphlet that we gave her. We also taught her about prophets. She was not able to come to church this Sunday but I know she really wants to. She is always so willing of what we have to teach her. She has such great potential. We will keep working with her to get her to church.
This week has been a week of miracles. We have been so blessed to see the hand of the Lord in this work! Some things did not turned out as we planned. However I know that the Lord has a better plan for us. He knows what we need when we need it. I am so grateful that He has a plan for me. I have absolutely loved serving in Thousand Oaks with Hermana Brown this week. I truly love being a disciple of Jesus Christ. I try to be like Him. I know I am far from perfect but I love using the Atonement in my life to become a little better. I am so grateful to be serving here in the Great California Ventura Mission. I know this Church is true!"
Mom I was not able to get your package. I will go to the post office today and check on it. I will write you a letter and tell you what I find out. I was looking forward to getting your package. I would be sad if someone stole it. But maybe they are reading the scriptures and will get baptized! ;)
Don't worry! I am NOT teaching J anymore! Hahah and I am thinking that I might get transferred next transfer because I have been in Thousand Oaks for 3 transfers. That's kinda the trend here. I've been in this area for 3 transfers so we will see what happens.
I can't believe that Steph is engaged. Well actually I can. But it is CRAZY! Who is this guy! I'm glad that I have her address because I need to talk to her. This is crazy! Any other news I should know about?
It sounds like you had fun at Grandma's.
That's so fun about the sister missionaries! Haha I know that I make a lot of mistakes [in the language] too! I actually bore my testimony in church yesterday. It was a simple testimony but it was good. It's fun talking in Spanish. I just always wish I knew more. Pero poco a poco.
Andrew and Spence are going to love trek! I am so exciting for them! I can't believe that Spence is already old enough to go!
So a chick-fil-a opened in this area. I was so excited! We still haven't gone yet but the day before it opened there were people camped out.
I'm not sure what was quite going on but if I wasn't on a mission I would have been camped out with them. (Kidding of course, kinda haha)
This week has been so great! Kinda crazy, but great! I really do love being a missionary! I love learning more everyday and trying to become more Christ-like. I am so grateful that I decided to serve a missionary! I know this decision has not only affected my future but my eternity!
Thank you so much for all that you do! Thanks for your package, hopefully I'll find it or something. I hope all is well with you! Love you more than you know!
Con mucho amor!
Hermana Killpack :)
Oh p.s So if the package was stolen, do you get money back? Hopefully so! Have a great week! Also I wasn't sure how to spell chickfila so don't judge. Haha love you lots!
No comments:
Post a Comment