Mom!!! I love being here! I learn so much
everday! Its hard to believe that i have only 11 more days but I´m super
excited!!!
So this week I was in the hospital..............but don't
worry. I stayed the night with a girl in our zone who was sick with pneumonia.
We took turns taking 12 hour shifts to stay with this hermana at the hospital.
She is going to Nicaragua next Tuesday. She is finally out of the hospital and
doing better. It was funny because the doctors and nurses would talk to her
kinda slowly because they knew that she only knew a little bit of Spanish and
then they would turn to me and repeat everything very fast. I guess they
thought I was a Latina. Haha sure fooled them ;)
The view from the hospital. I only got 3 and a half hours (of sleep) that night in the hospital.
The poor hermana was on some medications that were making her sick. I held the garbage when she was throwing up and I just felt so bad for the poor girl. I also played some music for her to listen to. They had given us a phone so that we could call our branch president. He is also the doctor here. President Christensen. On the phone we listened to music. Music was the only thing we could do to help her not think of the pain. I played music for her for 2 hours in the middle of the night. After a while she was able to sleep. I slept on a couch. Even though I got next to no sleep I was wide awake to help her throughout the night. I consider that a blessing.
Also last week at the temple
visitor center the hermana that was giving us a tour said to me, "You speak
really good English." Guess I must be fooling everyone. Whoops! Hahah Spanish is
coming. It's easier to understand than it is to talk. I know that through hard
word and dedication that I can master the language eventually.
So the funny
thing here is that the have like a toast bar with toasters, nutella, and peanut
butter. They don't want you using knifes for the pb and nutella for some reason
so we use spatulas. It is so funny!
So something here that reminds me of
home is that there are sprinker heads that stick up out of the ground after
they are done watering. I was so excited to be able to push them down into the
ground with my foot. I remember at home we would race to see who could get to
the sprinker head first to nudge it down back into the ground. I don't really
know why this was so satisfying but I loved it. Haha I think I even converted
my companion into loving this crazy simple thing.
Haha I love the way the Latinos say Killpack. It is so cute and something I'm going to miss for sure.
So
when I want to the hospital this Sunday night it was the first time I had been
in a car in 25 days. Isn't that crazy! Haha driving here is crazy and if I drove
the way they do you would tell me that I'm not driving again.
For several months....
maybe.
Haha I really thought we were going to get in a lot of crashes but we
have been safe.
As for the dedication I will probably write about it and
send it in a letter. I'm not really sure how I sent the last two. maybe pouch. But that is really interesting they both came on the same day, and btw the
oregano really did burn me. My lip and underneath were burned and started to peel
a little bit. Another whoops! haha
So I wish I had more shirts like my red one
you sent me with. It is light, nice looking, and can be worn by itself. I would
love more like it. Also, compared to my companion and roommates I brought no
accessories. I would love more belts, necklaces, earrings, whatever. But if not
that's fine too. By looking at what some people are wearing I can tell who read
the rules of clothes and accessories and such. Some people are just way too
cute here! Hahaha .
So I've told you that there are always sirens going off. They
almost sound like sirens from a video game or something. I've just gotten
used to hearing them all times of the day. That's so awesome about George Garcia
and Cody Babneu! Have Andrew tell Cody congrats for me. A couple weeks ago I
saw a missionary that looked just like Cody 3 years older. It was awesome. I'm
so happy for Cody. We had 2 classes together and he was an awesome kid!
I took all of these this morning. Oh, P. S., Mexico City is HUGE!
\
Love my companion. We were being silly this
morning!
All the houses are so close together it's crazy!
These buildings are our classrooms. Our classroom is in the Joseph F. Smith
building.
So I haven't got any letters or packages or whatever from you.
Hopefully I will but if not I'll let you know. Also last week when I ran into Sydney I was saying how cute I thought she was and that I wanted her to marry
Josh. She laughed and said that Josh was welcome to email her!
So this past week we had a devotional and one of
the elders in our district went up to talk to the speaker afterwards. The speaker
was of course Hispanic. The elder was talking to him when all of a sudden the
speaking said ¨Exito¨ and so the elder was taken aback and left because he thought that meant to leave, like exit. But what it really means is success.
The speaker was trying to tell the elder to have success and the elder thought
that he was just telling him to leave. It was really funny. The differences
between English and Spanish can be quite hilarious sometimes haha.
So every week
we get the chance to do service. Last week we were helping with chairs for the
dedication. Something else they had us do was clean leaves. Yes, we had a wet
paper towel and we were cleaning leaves, wiping the dirt from off them. Haha
it was so strange and comical all at the same time.
So the weather there sounds
like it has been crazy!!! Sometimes in the evening when I think its a little
chilly I have to remember that you guys are really freezing in Idaho.
So
something that I like to eat here are pears. They have really good pears that we
eat just like apples. It's really fun. Also they give us so much meat everyday.
I am trying not to eat so much meat because there is always some kind of meat
everyday and it feels excessive. I eat a lot of fruit. Either pineapple or
watermelon. So delicious!
That's so cool about getting 2 letters from me! I
would be excited to get 2 letters from me ;) haha. And called to teach gospel
doctrine! Thats so awesome! I know you'll be great at that. When I teach, I try
to teach like you. You always word things so well. But of course that is kinda
difficult in Spanish. But it's also a good thing because when I teach, I have to
teach really simply because that's all I know how to say.
I can't believe that I really am in Mexico. I know
that Lord has prepared me to come here and be a missionary. It has been such a
great experience. I know that learning to live with a companion really can help
prepare you for marriage. You have to learn how to listen and compromise and
work together. It's been such a wonderful experience learning this. Mi compañera
is so great! I love her!
Oh guess what. One day at lunch I sat by this
girl and we started talking. I found out that we were both in the same
humanities class this past semester. She thought I looked familar. I never
formally met her but we were in the same class with the same teacher and the
same time. It really is a small world after all. hahaha.
The hospital that I
was in is called Hospital Angeles Lindavista. Sorry my thoughts are so jumbled.
Just wanted to tell you all that I can. This hospital is the best one around
they say. It was really big.
Nutella on Ritz, huh? I'll have to try it when I get
back into the States. Mmmmm.
Well I'll see if I can send you another letter
today. That would be fun. I love writing to you guys. I love sharing my experiences
with you and I LOVE hearing from you. Tell Emily that I hope work is going well
for her. Tell everyone I love them more and more each day. This gospel truly is
amazing. I am so excited to be a missionary. I´m glad they called me on a
mission! I love life, I love this gospel, and I love you all so very much. I
pray for you everyday and know that the Lord will take care of you. Happy
Valentines day! I love you!
Love your favorite Hermana of all time!
Hermana Killpack
P.S. I'm not sure if they celebrate Vday here so I
guess we´ll find out tomorrow. Love ya!
No comments:
Post a Comment