Guess what?! Hermana Huff and I were made Sister Leaders! So we are pretty much sister zone leaders! I´m so excited! Last Sunday I played the piano and gave a prayer in church. The week before I lead the music. This week we´re all expected to share a testimony. I think that now I´ve begun to understand conjugation which is a blessing. I still have SO much to learn. We teach investigators in Spanish. It´s not always the easiest but I try my best and Hermana Huff helps me out.
Guess what?! Hermana Huff´s great grandmother is Helen. Remember Helen that was living with Lynette W? Lynette is Hermana Huff's great aunt. I was so excited to make this connection!
The food here is always fun to try. I tried mango yesterday, yum! I don´t like papaya. The pineapple and honeydew are really good. I thought of Emily´s sweet tooth this morning when I ate toast with nutella for breakfast. So good!
This morning we were eating and this Spanish man came up and started talking to us. He is trying to learn English and was asking questions. We taught him the words of how to pray in English. I´ve been trying to teach in Spanish for a while so it was nice to be able to say something that I really know. I love the people here. The Spanish people are so nice and helpful.
So last week we had a fun service project. Our job was to clean the floors in the kitchen. What they had us do was take a bucket of water and throw it across the floor. Then we scrubbed the floor with brooms! Haha and then we squeeged the water off the floor. It was really funny.
So last Pday I sewed on a button and reinforced others and one of my shirts. I think my roommate Hermana Hooper wanted me to adjust some buttons on one of her skirts so I´ll probably do that today.
On Pday we clean, do laundry, write letters, and anything else we need to. Hermana Huff might get a haircut. We get to exercise everyday and on Tuesday we all ran 2 miles! Whew, it was good but it´s been about a year since I´ve run that much! Yesterday I ran a mile and worked out in the gym after. If anything I'm in better shape here and I think I´m getting stronger from pushups and lifting weights, haha.
I love being on a mission. As one girls described it's "Take your Daughter to Work Day" (or year and a half haha) because I get to work with Heavenly Father. This is His work! I am so excited to be able to learn and grow everyday. I love the spirit that comes when we are obedient.
So it was funny. My first week here I thought I heard a kitten meowing outside. Turns out it was a bird! The birds here are kinda crazy sometimes. They makes a wide range of sounds.
Last week Hermana Hooper cut her foot on the shower and I wrapped it up for her. I like to pretend that I know what I´m doing but I find out that I actually know a lilttle more than I thought I did.
I am getting tanner which is fun. I love it because here at the CCM we have a lot of independence. They tell you what you should be doing and express the importance of using time wisely and then you can do your own thing. It´s really nice to be able to read or study outside.
Hermana Killpack's tan line
One day we were studying outside when we heard some Mexican music playing. After a while I noticed that I heard American music. Lady Gaga and Kesha seem to be popular in Mexico. Hahaha it was pretty funny to hear the music blaring from the city as we read our scriptures.
Hermana Huff is from Pennsylvania. She is also going to Ventura. Guess what? Remember that elder in the airport that left the day I left? His name is Elder Gamble and he is from Blackfoot. He is in my district and is a great kid. He is district leader.
Whew, I´m getting better at emailing everyone which is good. La tienda is great! There is this really tasty candy there that I like. It is like these little mint chocolate balls of deliciousness. It´s pretty amazing.
I love the scripture from Alma 26:27...I do not boast in my own strength... I feel this way everyday! Everything I am able to learn I know is by the grace of Heavenly Father. Without His help there is no way I could learn the things that I am learning. Every night we say companion prayers. One of us prays in Spanish and then the other one prays in English. Every night when I kneel down I feel such overwhelming gratitude to be here and to be a servant of the Lord. It is really quite humbling. I love life! Sorry my thoughts are so jumbled. I just want to tell you all that I can with the time I have.
The sinks here are weird. You have to push that thing that hangs down for the water to come.
Mi casa!
Haha the toilet paper here is also weird. It is like papel towel dispensers sideways.
Mexico is quite beautiful and I wish you could all truly see the beauty. Pictures don´t really do it justice. It´s funny because I feel like the sun is rising and setting on the wrong side. It kinda throws me off but I´m sure I´ll get used to it.
We teach people almost everyday (people posing as investigators, others missionaries, and teachers) almost everyday. It´s amazing to feel the love that Heavenly Father has for them. I can´t wait to get out into the field to teach the people that Heavenly Father has prepared. I pray for the people in the Ventura Mission and I know that the Lord will guide us to those people we need to teach. I love hearing about everyone and from everyone. It makes me excited, yo estoy emoncionada, to hear from you guys and know that you are doing well! I'm getting a nice tan line on my foot. Hah it´s great. I love you all and pray for you all everyday. I can´t wait to hear from you. I´m sure you can´t wait to write to me, me being your favorite sister/sister-in-law and all. Haha but in all seriousness thank you all for being amazing example and for living the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Love your favorite Hermana,
Hermana Killpack :)

No comments:
Post a Comment