Monday, July 6, 2015

Working Like Crazy This Week

July 6, 2015

From the Letter to the Mission President:

My family is doing wonderfully! My brother leaves the MTC tomorrow and I know he will be an amazing missionary in Irvine! We are all excited for him!

This week we have been finding so many new investigators! This week we had 16! We have been focusing on sharing the Book of Mormon with everyone. It has really strengthened my testimony sharing the Book of Mormon every day!

Hermana Bennion and I have been working like crazy this week! The only time to stop and rest is at the end of the day when we are going to bed. I absolutely love it! I am always amazed and humbled by the strength that we receive through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I know that it is through His Atonement that we are able to keep going throughout the day.

We have been working with E to help prepare her for baptism. Her dad came from Mexico this week and we are planning on going over to talk with him. E's mom has already signed the permission slip for her daughter to get baptism, but she wants E to wait a bit before getting baptized. E's mom doesn't want E to just join the church now, and then later fall away. We know that E is ready. E knows that she is ready. We are just working with the parents. We are hoping, praying, and fasting that E's parents let her be baptized soon!

We also found a new family this week. We were able to have a lesson with the parents and their two girls. Everyone sat down for the lesson and turned off their "distractions." It was awesome! They all had really great questions. They were receptive to what we had to say. It was so great to teach such a humble family!  I just absolutely love teaching families! :)

Working with Hermana Bennion is such a joy. This morning we did a companionship activity in Preach My Gospel. It is about Christ-like attributes. We "rated" ourselves on how we think we are doing. The areas where we feel are a little lacking, we are going to study together during companionship study. We are planning on studying Charity and Love, Patience, and Humility this week. I love Hermana Bennion and how she is always striving to improve. It inspires me to do the same. :)

As I have reflected on this past week and past transfer, I have come to realize how the Lord has blessed me. Heavenly Father knows me perfectly! He has given me companions, areas, and experiences tailored perfectly to meet my own personal needs for my own personal growth. I have been thrown out of my comfort zone so much on my mission. I have been stretched, tried, and tested. I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who knows me so well to know my potential. I am eternally grateful for all of the experiences that I have had on my mission. I am looking forward to another semana llena de milagros!

----------------

MOM! Yes, I got your package! What a delightful surprise! Thank you, thank you! :) 

Fireworks in Santa Maria were crazy! They were everywhere! And the big ones too! I'll have to show you a video later :)


Hmmmm kinda reminds me of Idaho...


So beautiful! 


I love this family so much! La familia L! :)


No, we didn't have any baptisms on the 4th. We are still working with some investigators. Some situations are a little complicated, but we will keep praying and doing all that we can so that one day, these people can enter the waters of baptism.

Yesterday, we were looking for a less-active member. We must have been given the wrong address, because when we went to the door an old woman that only spoke Mixteco opened the door. It was really funny, because at first I thought she was speaking a little Spanish. She put her hand up to her ear to show us that she was deaf. So there I was practically screaming to her in Spanish only to have her respond in pure Mixteco. I'll admit, it was quite amusing. We sang her a song in Spanish. Soy un hijo de Dios. She liked it and continued to talk to us in Mixteco, all the while knowing that we weren't understanding anything. She pointed up to the sky and then pointed at herself, and Hermana Bennion and I. I'd like to think that she was saying, "One day, when we get up there, we will understand each other." We gave her pamphlet with Christ on it holding a lamb. It was very sweet as she pointed to the lamb that Christ was holding and then pointed to herself. We didn't understand anything at all that she said, but we did feel her love, and I hope that she felt ours.

As I walked away for this experience, I was amazed. At the beginning of my mission, I understood as much Spanish as I do now understand Mixteco. AKA, I didn't understand anything. I couldn't really even say anything. I remember being so frustrated and upset at myself for not being able to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with my brothers and sisters whom I so dearly loved. I remember just trying so hard to understand. I remember praying so fervently to be blessed with the gift of tongues so that I could be an instrument in the Lord's Hands. Oh how eternally grateful I am that He answers prayers. I still don't know Spanish perfectly. There is a lot more to learn and apply. I am just so grateful that the Lord was able to bless me to be able to communicate with His children. What a blessing it is!

Well sorry, I have to go. You are all the BEST! Have the best week ever! :) I love you all muchismo! La verdad! Gracias por ser la mejor familia en todo el mundo.

Los quiero mucho!

Cuidense!

Con amor,

Hermana Killpack :)

No comments:

Post a Comment