3-30-15
From the letter to the Mission President:
We worked hard this week! Exchanges, MLC, and the work here kept us pretty busy. It was a great week!
My family is doing great! My parents are on vacation in California! I am sure they are enjoying being here almost as much as I am.
This week, we have been going through our ward list trying to find and teach everyone on it. I did not realize how much time it would take to do that. However, I feel that we have been seeing miracles and really helping the members of our ward. I have really thought about what we learned from Elder Nielson. As we have talked with less-active members and their families, I have strived to not only teach the less-actives, but to teach their friends and family who aren't members. I have seen that by getting to know the people, trying to serve them, and truly loving them, they are so much more receptive to the gospel.
Hna L, a less-active, came to church yesterday! Her husband had to work, but she brought her 5 young sons! It was such a miracle! She also came to the General Relief Society broadcast! We already love this family and are excited to help them come back!
Our 10 year old investigator M told us this past week, that she wants to be baptized! I was in Santa Barbara when Hermana Costilla and Hermana Clark had a lesson with her. M is the daughter of a less-active. We have been working with M's mom, A. We are planning on having a family home evening with M, her mom, and her brother tonight in another member's home. We love M and are excited to help her prepare for baptism!
We also fasted this past week with N! It was hard for N to fast, but afterwards he told us that he better understands how we as members feel when we fast. We are still working with him to help him take a step of faith to set a baptismal date. He is doing great! He loves the church and the members. Tomorrow we are having a lesson at the church with N and a member and we are planning on setting him with a baptismal date.
Hermana Costilla is wonderful! :) We love working together! I am continually learning from her example. I really admire the determination she has. She is so much fun! :)
I loved the MLC that we had with Elder Nielson! I have really been thinking about what it means to be agents that act, rather than objects that are acted upon. As I have thought about that, my vision of my purpose has changed. I know that the Lord wants us to be actively engaged in His work. Through the power of the Atonement, we are granted the strength to do that which we could not do alone. I am so grateful that we are able to use the Atonement everyday in order to be agents that act to build the Lord's kingdom.
------------------
MOM! Thanks so much for your email! Wow! You are an amazing missionary! I'm so glad that you listened to the Spirit! I am so proud of you! If everyone would just open their mouth and share the world would be a better place!
So I have a question, do you know if there are any language books in Mixteco? It is a dialect in Spanish that they speak in some parts of Mexico. We have been running into some people that don't speak Spanish, only Mixteco. I know I don't have a whole lot more time here, but I wanted to learn a little if I could. I only know a couple phrases right now. If somehow you could find a language book to learn Mixteco and send it to me that would be awesome. If you can't find anything, that's okay. I just thought I would try.
Well thanks so much for both of your letters! I LOVED them! Also, thanks for the package! That is so cute! I'm sure my district will really appreciate the Easter surprise. Thanks for your prayers and love! I love you!
Les quiero mucho!
Con amor,
Hermana Killpack :)
No comments:
Post a Comment